I need ideas for a good practical joke!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jupiter31:
And you made my point for me - jokes are dangerous when scuba, boats, and water are concerned

I agree with one change - jokes can be dangerous when scuba, boats, and water are concerned. They are often, if well thought out and considered, merely fun.

I think the point Jupiter is making should be taken to heart. Practical jokes can lead to lack of focus/complacency/overlooking something. And from what I have read most dive accidents occur as a result of complacency.

Just my 2 cents. Don't want to spoil anyone's fun. But just think about this......
What's the last thing a redneck says before he dies....................

"Hey watch this!"
Yup - thank you

You get it -

And to my friend Walter, yes, I would modify my post to jokes "can be dangerous"

But I still think practical jokes are stupid!

Jupiter31:
But I still think practical jokes are stupid!

A "practical joker" deserves applause for his wit according to its quality. Bastinado is about right. For exceptional wit one might grant keelhauling. But staking him out on an anthill should be reserved for the very wittiest. - Lazarus Long

I've heard of people putting a hot dog in someone's tank valve cap/cover and having fish swarm them in the water. That doesn't seem like it would cause anyone harm except the fish eating the hot dog!?!?

Funnier things I've seen.

1.)Filling someone's dive booties with peanut butter. fun to watch the expression their face.

2.)getting even with them by putting a whole bottle of red food coloring in their booties. they won't notice this until after the dive, when their foot is bright red. (or what ever color you choose).

Last edited:
Yikes! I need to update my profile as I have more than 50 logged dives. Thanks for all the helpful ideas. I am definitely taking them in.

Mike, you might just qualify for keelhauling.

:rofl3:

of course you could get a permanent marker and write this on the bottom of their tanks?

most people don't check the bottom of their tank "pre dive".
the next time it'd be noticed is when they are diving and someone swims up behind them?

:D

a_ark_127.jpg

The rubber chicken idea is a good one. I've seen that done before.

Writing on the bottom of a rental tank could piss off the owner, you'd have to ask.

You could put some food coloring in a BC pocket. That could be tricky, you need to make sure that the dye is non-permanent, and won't dye gear, or pollute the water.

Slime in booties could be funny. Again, non-toxic, no permanent stains...

Topside jokes maybe more practical. It is easy to get creative with duct tape, or restaurant employees!

Back
Top Bottom