I need help finding mako compressor part no longer made

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i know what part you are talking about - i have never taken it apart but i do drain the water out of it often - there is very very little in it but there is a stop cock on the bottom so i crack it and out comes a mist of water - theres a filter in there? - wow - i am learning

thanxs
bm

and i found out that it is a 5 cfm pump listed in the service manual but the pump has 6cfm listed on the one of the parts

In 1983, Mako was probably still using Bauer blocks. Sure sounds like a Capitano block to me.

Craig

"L-Factors New Parts division will most likely have what you need. 800-338-5493. Ask for Gabe. We have dealers all over the world."

Whoever posted this is correct - Gabe is the best - he hooked me up and my service tech guy was able to order the 2nd and third stage valves - as for the block type - it is not a Bauer capitano - it is definitely a Revalls, i hope i am spelling it correctly - i still dont know which one but they got together and it looks like things are moving forward - I now have a great desire in learning how to work on compressors, i dont know if i want to start on my own though lol

as this story unfolds i will post the rest

thanxs to all of the help and does anyone know of actual repair manuals with photos or videos showing how to repair compressors - i am pretty decent at motors and more delicate instrumentation, just have not do compressors yet

bm

the block is a revalls 5405 - Any recommendation for what type of oil to use in the unit - i have a couple of different choices but want some other opinions
thanxs again
bm

Mako would suggest Mako Blue, which is just Chemlube 501B, which is just Chemlube 501 with blue dye added to it. I use it in all of my older mako's with fine results. Any of the high quality diesther synthetic oils from Chemlube or Anderol will be fine. The best choices are Chemlube 501 or 751 (30 weight and 40 weight respectively) or Anderol 505 or 555. You can buy Chemlube direct from Ultrachem but the minimum quantity is 5 gallons, which is fine for me, not so good for you. Your air compressor guy is likely to buy a good synthetic from someone and may have it in bulk. Any breathing air compressor dealer will have what you need.

Hi

You can use Esso Compressor oil 101. Its about $100 a pail.

Back
Top Bottom