I need help about equipment choice.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gekko is the cheapest computer of Suunto. So I am not sure how good is that? I was thinking to buy a Mares M2 but I could not find it in the diving store here. Do you know a site where I can order a M2?

I would go with the Suunto Viper. It has a lot more features and it has nitrox mode.
My lds is a Mares dealer and I would recommend any Mares gear except their computers. The MR2 has a small screen and not very user friendly.

So which BCD would you advise me buy? What are your thoughts about the below BCDs?

Seaquest Latitude
.... Excellent, I use an XLT.. it's more than enough.
Seaquest Balance
...Good BCD.
Seaquest Pro Qd
... Overkill

You ever heard about Zeagal?
Zeagle. Very good BCDs and excellent regs.

I will try the wetsuit before I buy it. I will be diving on winter. Which wetsuit would you suggest me ?
Where will you be diving in winter?

I have been diving a Zeagle BC for years. Quality equipment and quality service if you need it. Zeagle is active on ScubaBoard ("Scott Zeagle"). Is Mars in Florida? No, wait, that's Jupiter.......:D And don't forget the safety gear, especially a safety sausage, whistle or air horn, and a mirror.

I would go with the Suunto Viper. It has a lot more features and it has nitrox mode.
My lds is a Mares dealer and I would recommend any Mares gear except their computers. The MR2 has a small screen and not very user friendly.

My lds is a Suunto dealer and they ofcourse recommend Suunto Computers. They really did not favor me to buy a M2. But I did not belive them, come on they are a Suunto dealer, lol. But now you verify what they said about Mares. So I think I will buy a Suunto, Gekko or Vyper.

.... Excellent, I use an XLT.. it's more than enough.
...Good BCD.
... Overkill

Zeagle. Very good BCDs and excellent regs.

Where will you be diving in winter?

Ok so will go for a Latitude :D

In winter, I will be diving in Mediterranean Sea and Aegean Sea. The water temperature would be around 8-9 celsius degrees.

I have been diving a Zeagle BC for years. Quality equipment and quality service if you need it. Zeagle is active on ScubaBoard ("Scott Zeagle"). Is Mars in Florida? No, wait, that's Jupiter.......:D And don't forget the safety gear, especially a safety sausage, whistle or air horn, and a mirror.

Thanks for the answer. I am not from the US.

Ok for the safety sausage, whistle or air horn. But what is a mirror for?

In winter, I will be diving in Mediterranean Sea and Aegean Sea. The water temperature would be around 8-9 celsius degrees.
Then you really should get a drysuit and not a wetsuit.

Actually I would recommend the Mares M2 over the Sunnto simply because of the watertight battery compartment and the use of the larger standard AA alkyline batteries over a coin style battery. This eleminates the possibilty of flooding the computer and because of the easily user replaceable and less costly battery the computer features the ability to leave the backlighting on for night diving.
Since Sunnto and Mares both use the RGBM model they are comparable as per dive profiles and both conservative. The M2 is Nitrox compatible.

A lot more features? the only differences I am aware of is the Vyper has gauge mode the Gekko does not, the Vyper has a back light the Gekko has to be charged by your light but it is plenty bright enough, I actually prefer the Gekkos lighting. BOTH are Nitrox capable. For the price the Gekko is a great computer. Cheers

PS I dont own either but have used both.

I love everything Apeks, they breathe like a dream.

Re: computers

Decide what algorithm you want your computer to be using, that will narrow your choices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom