I´m cold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had the pleasure of meeting Achu on my last trip to Cozumel. She is a tiny little thing with no body fat. I think you should ask the other skinny mini divemasters down there what they do. I never have seen anyone in Cozumel wear a dry suit!
I personally want one for Lake Michigan up here. Does it really take a lot of training to use it, or can I just get in it, and dive?

:sunny:

I've heard that your body gets acclimated to whatever water you dive in regularly. Saw one dry suit in Mexico, and some 7mm's in Maui, from locals.

Originally posted by Natasha
Does it really take a lot of training to use it, or can I just get in it, and dive?

:sunny:

No, you aren't going to just jump into a drysuit and be good at it. It takes a lot of practice. It may take you 30dives + to get used to it.

Mike

I don't know the physiological explanation but 'old timers' say your blood thins after being in a warmer climate for awhile. I have good friends in Cozumel and they use 5mil,farmer johns,hoods and still complain of being chilly! I come from the northeast and have no problem diving without a wetsuit. I use a 2mil mostly for protection (jellies). By the latter part of my vacation I'm glad to have the suit for warmth during multiple dives. Also those hooded long windbreakers are great for warming up between dives on the cooler days.:bounce: :idea: :cold:

Are you working in Coz ? If so reply to me privately. I have seen many divemasters wearing the same wetsuit I do up here in Canada during the summer.

Quite frankly I dive dry most of the time . How long are your exposures in the water ? Hell , FLA Cave Divers dive dry in the "hot" 82 degree water.

Ron

Achu, I don't know about eating a 'massive' meal, but I definitely get cold more easily if I haven't eaten enough before/between dives.

Are you wearing both suits at once? Do they fit well, or is water swilling through and cooling you down?

If you are gearing up in 95-100F air, a drysuit is going to turn into a sweatsuit. I think you might expire from the heat before you hit the water -- I certainly would.

Z

It seems women get colder faster then men.....and I know when I am cold the dive is no fun. I dive dry, trilaminate, here in Michigan and have a neoprene dry suit for the caves in Florida. Might want to investigate that route. With the neoprene suits you have air next to you, not water. You can also vary what you wear underneath for more warmth. And as for suiting up in a dry suit, takes a lot less time then a wet suit. Just step in and zip up. Both my dry suits are front entry for that reason.

Not that it helps you, but I'll be doing my OW dives in a couple weeks and it just snowed here yesterday... I agree with one of the first posts, check with your doctor first... then upgrade your wetsuit.

Back
Top Bottom