I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm seeking advice. We have a predatory bird problem on shrimp farms. Egrets, herons, cormorants, gulls, ducks, spoonbills, storks....lots of birds. They get educated fast if you use a shotgun and know to keep about 50 yards or so away. I need a small bore varmint rifle. I would like a 22/250 or a 223 but Belize law is pretty strict about having that caliber here. 22 magnum? What do you recommend as far as brand (Remmington? Winchester? Savage?) and model?... and a scope that's good for 150 yard shots. These birds understand death. Once they see their buddies dropping, they'll bug out....for a while. It's an ongoing battle. Thanks.

The 17 HMR sounds like a winner for your needs. The .22 mag is probably okay out to 100, maybe even 125 yards, while the HMR claims effectiveness out to 200. The HMR has about half the bullet drop of the 22 mag at 150 yards.

I like Savage bolt guns but you can go with any major mfr.

Magpul said they would move out if the laws were passed. They are going to. Good for Wyoming! Cheyenne can use the jobs Colorado lawmakers don't think we need them here.

Hey Gary, have you fired the Kimbers yet?

We had scheduled to go tomorrow, but I'm still fighting this damn bug. I can barely breath, so I don't think I'd hold on target very well. But we love our safe queens. :D

Here's my avatar on National Gun Forum

two-gun gator2.jpg

Shooting today at 100 and 200 yards with new bullseye spotting system. It's like shooting at Bisley anywhere!

10 rounds per target at 100

image-1339442324.jpg

My best 200 yard target

image-4247483168.jpg

The rifle

image-3957493940.jpg

Nice shooting :clapping:

Groups anyone would be proud of, very nice indeed.

Got a $500 gift card from my brother and business partner for Christmas. Pondering what firearm I want next. Actually a pretty hard decision as I have most everything I want. And $500 does not go as far as it should at GM as their pricing is always a bit high, and of course I'll have to add cash to it.

Groups anyone would be proud of, very nice indeed.

Got a $500 gift card from my brother and business partner for Christmas. Pondering what firearm I want next. Actually a pretty hard decision as I have most everything I want. And $500 does not go as far as it should at GM as their pricing is always a bit high, and of course I'll have to add cash to it.

Glock's coming out with a .380 backup/pocket gun that's less than 1" wide. It's supposed to be under $500

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom