I just WON a scooter!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Husband just got us a pair of xtreams last summer. We were all psyched to use it, but one of them flooded in the first 3 sec that we had it in the water. We returned it and they sent us another one. (But we shared that one that day. He'd use it for a bit, then I'd use it for a bit. We couldn't resist.)

They are a lot of fun. The first time we used them we looked at a map after the dive and discovered we'd covered something like 4 miles.

I am trying to figure out a way to fix a compass to mine. I find I keep having to stop, hold it in one hand, and check my bearing.

How about some espionage stuff ... we NEED some James Bond espionage stuff. :D

Gee Thanks Almighty! reading all this got me excited so I went on Ebay. Found one just like yours for $750 US or best offer. They had 2 brand new in the box. Me and Mr. Miller Lite decided, "What the hay" and bid $400 + 50 shipping.....damn if they didn't take it.....I am now a proud owner of an Explorer also.....(p.s. they got one left)

:lol: have fun!!!

well one of the things hubby said today after we tried it out was "it would be more fun with 2!"

today was in the ocean... boy, i blew my mask off a few times but the first stupid thing i did was try to use the scooter while holding it the wrong way and nearly drove the thing right into me (duh!)

its not a thing that i would use for every dive but there are a number of dives we've always been curious about and will be using this to get to/from there in the next couple of weeks... inc going around Bare Island

i did find the cone bouyant so next time im going to put 1lb in the nose to try to keep it down

im also going to get some clips and sort out a way to attach the scooter to a d-ring so while driving i can at least use a hand to equalise without going in circles because i was steering with 1 hand

vid from today (thanks Ben-Ca for helping me with the link!)
[/QUOTE]

what you can see is a wobbegong shark... out in the open which is kinda rare as they like to hide under rocks usually... near the end you can see me spook a baby ray... there were about 8 rays in that area alone

cheers everyone!

That looks like alot of fun, but where is the drinkholder?

We ended up putting 3 pounders in ours, and they are neutrally buoyant now. Though it kinda is a pain in the *** to ascend with them b/c you can't really use them on ascent, you know?

I also found that I'd have to hold it a certain way, or I'd arch my back and then my back would be sore. I hold it under my stomach more than out in front of me so I won't arch my back.

Husband loves them b/c he has a fake knee. So it takes the stress off his legs, and he can dive longer b/c using the scooter is less fatiguing. I still like the athletic-ness of diving, and prefer to use the dive as a workout. So I am not as keen. It's fun for once in awhile, not every time.

Awww, thanks for showing the video, now I want one. :(

How about this almitywife, you wanna trade it for an acura MDX? Its brand new! :D

Great video Almity, I'm so glad you are enjoying your new toy. Couldn't have been given to a nicer person. Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom