I Just Ordered My Dry Suit!!!!!!!!! Yeee Hhhaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Windknot

Contributor
Reaction score
In two to three weeks I will be in receipt of my just ordered, custom cut Andy's DS2 Drysuit and custom cut unders!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait!!!! I just had to tell someone...Fair wife could care lesss....all she wanted to know is if I had the money to pay for all of the gear I've been buying...."Well....no, but that's what Visa is for." YEEEE HAAAAAAA!!!!

DRY WIND OUT

Welcome to The Dry Side... you'll never go back! :wink:

~SubMariner~

Hello, No Not yet and Not yet.

Thanks for the inquiry. First let me add that I wimped out at the last possible moment and switched from a yellow top/black bottom to a dark grey top and black bottom.....I was too afraid that the yellow would look crappy when I got it dirty. Grey and black is going to look too cool.....

Let's see.....Got the suspenders....wanted the pockets, but had to pass....the suit and unders(both custom cut for my Buddah-esque figure cost an additional 20%) were a little more than I had expected. I have never seen anyone local with the pockets, so I decided that if I wanted them later, I could just order them myself from halcyon and stick 'em on.

As for the pee valve....It too can be added later. As soon as I start disappearing for a couple of hours at a time underwater i'll add it....Speaking of peeing...that's why I sprung for the front/diagonal zip so I could get to the equipment faster to relieve any pent up pee on my SI's.

I was really impressed with Andy's nylon selection. Their "lightweight" nylon outer covering is super tough. thier "standard" nylon is like ballistic cordura. The suit is going to be one tough mother. AAAANNNNDDDDd......they claim only 2-3 week delivery time on the custom cut suit.

:dance: :dance:

Originally posted by Windknot

1. Grey and black is going to look too cool.....

2. of peeing...that's why I sprung for the front/diagonal zip so I could get to the equipment faster to relieve any pent up pee on my SI's.

1. Cool... I'm so glad you didn't do the yellow.... it attracts shark attacks you know :wink:

2. Ummmm.... the diagonal zip ends at the hip.... so unless your anatomy is seriously abnormal.... :D

That I drive a big truck to compensate for all of my other shortcomings.

Even if it only goes to the waist. Picture a short fat bald guy trying to strip out of a 7mm Two picec farmer john inside a Michigan State Park Mark 1, Mod Zero brown pit toilet. (You ever notice how ALL of those things have a faint smell of cedar?)

Getting it off (the wetsuit)was bad enough....getting it back on....ergo DRY SUIT!!!!!

WIND OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Windknot
Picture a short fat bald guy trying to strip out of a 7mm Two picec farmer john inside a Michigan State Park Mark 1, Mod Zero brown pit toilet. (You ever notice how ALL of those things have a faint smell of cedar?)

Oh, you ARE a Michigander, aren't you.

They DO all smell of cedar!!! :D

The cedar smell makes it OK!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom