i have never heard of this.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drew1

Registered
Reaction score
i was on a dive boat last weekend when i heard two people talking about drymouth from there regs. one guy said that he usually brings one of those camel packs with him to decrease drymouth and dehydration. i've never heard of such a thing, what do u think

thanks,
Drew

Do a web search for "SCUDA" <self contained underwater drinking apperatus> and see what you find.

My guess is he was talking about bringing one with him on the trip, not nessicarly into the water. I've never heard of such a thing and while I supose it would be possable to drink from one underwater, I dont think its a good idea or even worth it.

hmmm... all i do is take the reg out and swallow a few times, then re-insert

usually, that's all it takes

Capri Sun's work great underwater. Drymouth can sometimes be a symptom of not being hydrated enough.

Matt

H2Andy:
hmmm... all i do is take the reg out and swallow a few times, then re-insert

usually, that's all it takes

lol that only works in fresh water andy

Frank Kohler:
lol that only works in fresh water andy

hehehe... no, no... i don't swallow the WATER :wink:

i close my mouth and THEN swallow. there's enough moisture in your mouth
to get your throat undry

Andy really enjoys it when there is plenty of fish poop in suspension. :) I am always wary of even swishing around water and spitting it out just due to all the crud that is usally in the water.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom