i have never heard of this.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001:
Here's a picture of the thing I use. It's just a bottle for sport drink that coincidentally had the perfect shape for for attaching a bolt snap with a couple of tiewraps. To drink from it you put it in your mouth, pull the cap open with your teeth, squeeze it, let some air back in the bottle from your mouth, push the cap shut with your teeth and you're done.

R..

Thanks for the idea.. Love it very much. I just bought myself a Sherwood Oasis, it has moisture-retention fin, it says it will keep the mouth moisturized. I will test it out in 2 weeks time. Hope it works. :)

CIBDiving:
they make a small one that should fit in a large pocket and a "fanny pac" version also.

You can get platypus' from 500ml to 3l, with the smallest ones being almost a perfect size for BC pockets. You don't need to drink much during a dive anyway (unless someone really wants to push the pony keg idea), so you don't need to fill it up all the way either, just loop the hose up the bc and jam it through a d-ring.

I'll be trying it out on my next dive to see, could be fun to see peoples reactions of me 'breathing off my mini reg'.:wink:

TwoBitTxn:
Try this.

Six string, you are talking about the biofilter made by apollo. I have met a few people who dive with one, and everyone I know has liked it. My wife has problems with the dry air triggering her gag reflex. I am probably going to get her a biofilter and hope it works for her.

TwoBit

You are gonna LOVE that bio filter! They don't warm the air, but they hydrate it to between 30-70%. The diff is amazing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom