I have beat the odds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMG! I have more than 3 D-rings on my ring - I must be seriously over weighted and a entanglement hazard.

I also don't have a one Piece Harness on my Wing Those Plastic buckles will no doubt implode at depth and I'll die

And there's more.. My DSMB has a crack bottle - so no doubt I'm heading for an embolism

My "pony" is 40cuft way more than is needed.. Worst of all its' side slung and I call it a "Stage"

I don't have a long hose - I'm a bad BAD Buddy!!

But worst of all , I only dive in tropical waters thus clearly be always smashing up the reefs and irritating other divers with my total incompetence

I'm Doomed... Doomed I say!!! :fire: :fail: :reaper: :sos:

I have done my last 123 out of 127 dives with Scubapro split max jet fins, an Aqualung Balance bcd and not a BP/w and an AI computer without a spg. Though after reading SB I thought I was risking it all I have lived to tell the tale. I think I might be living on borrowed time though.
Wow! You are cheating death! You probably did't nave a DIN reg. either:shocked2:.

2 phunni! We get so passionate about our choices that we often over exaggerate the consequences should people dive differently that we do. Hell, I have tons of dives on an OMS 100# BWOD and still survived.

Saw the Orthopedic surgeon today. Asked about when I can dive again. He said probably not till into December. I told him I dive with split fins and he took a month off :shocked: and said probably November :)

That will mean 4 months without diving and I am not planning on taking a refresher course... :fear::praying: I hope I beat the odds yet again!

I have done my last 123 out of 127 dives with Scubapro split max jet fins, an Aqualung Balance bcd and not a BP/w and an AI computer without a spg. Though after reading SB I thought I was risking it all I have lived to tell the tale. I think I might be living on borrowed time though.
Add a tank banger, BFK, huge snorkel with one of those big balls things on the end and a complicated purge, as many retractors as you think you'll need and have a few extra hanging empty just for looks, big ankle weights, a spare air (or two), a few more meaningless PADI cards, and you'll be in great shape! Don't forget to find a way to wrap your BC with bungees somehow, (I know it's DIY) but you just have to put the bungees of death on that BC bladder somehow. Let me guess, did you have an Air2 with a standard 36" hose too?
Man, you are so going to die!!!

I finally got Petrel for my wrist today. It took a lot of tries but I hit it with a pretty good sized rock. How this thing is supposed to tell me anything is a mystery though except that it starts thrashing about after a couple of minutes underwater and I guess that means it's time to come up? Beautiful plumage though...

I finally got Petrel for my wrist today. It took a lot of tries but I hit it with a pretty good sized rock. How this thing is supposed to tell me anything is a mystery though except that it starts thrashing about after a couple of minutes underwater and I guess that means it's time to come up? Beautiful plumage though...

Saw the Orthopedic surgeon today. Asked about when I can dive again. He said probably not till into December. I told him I dive with split fins and he took a month off :shocked: and said probably November :)

That will mean 4 months without diving and I am not planning on taking a refresher course... :fear::praying: I hope I beat the odds yet again!
Girlfriend! Don't listen to the doc on this one! I was given the same sort of BS when I had my Achilles tendons done. I skipped Physical Terrorism and dove instead, at least twice a week and spent every other day in the pool with Jet Fins. It was the first time he had seen absolutely no atrophy on the leg with the bad tendon. Just be careful getting in and out of the water.

CAVEAT: I am not a medical doctor. This is from my own experience and has no medical backing at all. BoP knows this, but I want to make sure that everyone else knows where I'm coming from.

OMG! I have more than 3 D-rings on my ring

Bah. I've installed TWO left shoulder D-rings on my blue "H" harness, so with the crotch strap rings I've got six. Plus weight pockets. With - albeit difficultly - ditchable weights. And I'm still wearing a pig sticker on my calf. I'm trusting that the blind luck that made me survive my first 50+ dives wearing split fins will keep me alive.

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

Back
Top Bottom