i have a tank question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it says on the crown HEALTHWAYS L.A. CALIF. COMPRESSED AIR ONLY LCC3AA2250 L96855 PST 3662+

Sounds like it is most likely going to wind up being one of those tapered pipe threads. You will not find a new valve and would have to get lucky on ebay. No reason not to use the J-valve if it works.

Sounds like it might be a hard tank to get full. You will find very few LDS that will give you a complete fill for a pressure over 3500.

ok i belive its a steel 72 so what does that mean also were can i get a new valve for it i just took it off inside looks good no rust and is it a good deal for $50.00

It means you have a LP Steel 72 cylinder that can be filled to 2250psi (10% more with a + hydro). The ICC (not LCC) predates the DOT. The 3362+ is probably 3 hydro mark 62+. Which means it was made in March of 1962 by PST for Heathways Scuba. As said above, you will not find a new valve as no one is making a 1/2" tapered valve anymore.

With a manufacture date of March 1962 it is definately 1/2" pipe thread. I believe you are misreading the second digit in 3662+ The second digit is the symbol of the test facility that did the original hydro. Is it possibly a B or a B inside a circle.
I have a Healthways 72 also made in March of 1962 by Norris.
How about some pictures of it.
It should pass hydro just be sure the test facility follows PST service bulletin D-100 because if they don't it is likely it will fail.
A new valve is not available, if the old one operates and does not leak it is fine to use.

With a manufacture date of March 1962 it is definately 1/2" pipe thread. I believe you are misreading the second digit in 3662+ The second digit is the symbol of the test facility that did the original hydro. Is it possibly a B or a B inside a circle.

Thant makes sense, and explains why I could not find anything on a PST tank with a working pressure of 3662 :doh2:

Matt

ya i dont know how to put a pic on here i click insert a pic and it wants a url

ok i belive its a steel 72 so what does that mean also were can i get a new valve for it i just took it off inside looks good no rust and is it a good deal for $50.00

I don't think it is an exceptional deal as you will have a tough time finding a valve. Although, there is a seller on eBay that has a LOT of valves.

I just bought a more recent LP 72 for $60. It is in perfect condition but I had to pay for hydro, viz and O2 clean so I probably have $110 in the tank. It has a functioning 3/4" J-valve with HP port so it will work well for my double hose projects.

Richard

It means you have a LP Steel 72 cylinder that can be filled to 2250psi (10% more with a + hydro).

But I think the actual capacity of the tank is 65 cf at 2250 psi and only gets to 72 cf when it is filled to the '+' rating. If it HAS a current '+' rating. At least, that's my understanding.

Richard

ebay that thing, you wont find a new valve probably.

ebay that thing, you wont find a new valve probably.
\

He doesn't need a new valve. What will he gain from a new valve except being a few dollars poorer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom