I have a crazy forum idea!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did find an archive of the scubapro regulator museum.

Unfortunately, it looks like the wayback machine doesn't store images...and the images contained all the actual data.

First Stage

Does anyone know Frazier Nivens or Ginger Gibson? Apparently they contributed most (or all) of the images. Maybe they still exist somewhere.

@Rusty Shackleford why not start a thread in the equipment section and see how it goes?

Or ask a mod to move this thread there. There is one in this thread.

I am thinking too that some pieces of equipment that are similar could share a thread. Like the R-190, R-390, R-395 etc... If a piece of equipment is substantial similar and uses the same rebuild kits for example.

The MK5 and 10 may share a thread. The MK-2 and 3 as well. These are things we can discuss.

I think it would best fit in a new sub forum ultimately. Call it the Knowledge Base forum. Could have a section for regs for starters and eventually sections for all types of gear. Essentially, an evolving reference library like a Wiki.

If a wiki could be incorporated into the forum, that
would be great. It makes it easy for everyone to edit and it provides the ability to restore if someone defaces the article. This is something where ideally everyone can make changes and additions to.

FWIW - It sure would be convenient to have an interchange chart or data base. Which regulator made by what manufacturer was sold by somebody else as their own model?

DC

I have been thinking about this for years. I was going to make a whole write up on bp/w last year. Showing all the different makes and styles. How to assemble them and what each part and accessory was for. That way they could pin it and it would be like an encyclopedia of bp/w designs. Then you wouldn't have 300 threads a year on will x plate work with y wing and z sta... Maybe I will put it together after all.

If you like the flow of it, I can do one for regulators. I'll put it here. We can edit it together and then have it moved to its real home. We agreed upon the mk2 as a start? Should we start with history, operation, revisions, schematic, parts, what else?

Back
Top Bottom