I hate my snorkel!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

String? missin' your input.
(and your profile info!)

As stated earlier in the thread, consider a hood. They make light weight types. IMO, just get used to it. I find them useful and not just for a PADI standard. While at the surface in rough water or taking my fins off when getting on the boat a snorkel comes in handy. In rescue scenarios this can be very useful as well. If you need to get in the water quickly and don't need to don full kit, having your snorkel can be critical. If it is not attached while in the water, it may take some effort and safety issues could come about. I leave it attached.

Note my picture, it just so happens to show my snorkel at a see through out in the Similans. I turn it a bit to make it more comfortable while in a dive.

Just my opinion, Good luck

AZ

Success! Used two zip ties to create an attachment point on the snorkel, and a rubber band to hook it to my BC. Instructors were happy, I was happy, all was well. :)

Nice to think just a little out of the box. Is it a "good" way to rig your gear, no. Does it work, yes. Glad to hear all are happy!

Keep thinking that way and you may invent a solution to a problem we all have. BTW, your solution was less expensive than mine. Have fun and keep diving.

I find plenty of them so I don't worry about whether they survive the dive or not. I rarely use one since they get in the way when I'm filming, but they do come in handy for those long surface swims when you've run your tank down too close to 500 psi.

my apollo folding snorkel is always in my pocket...
best snorkel buy I have made,
out of the way and handy if I need it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom