I finally found the CSSP Casket ! ! !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This sounds like it was lifted from an episode of Kung **.

Edited to say that I forgot that Eff You is a curse word on here. So I'll modify it to read "an episode of Kay you enn gee Eff you." Frank gets to be blind Master Po since he thinks visibility is overrated. John gets to be the young and impressionable Kwai Chang Caine.

Edited:
Maybe I shouldn't post this in an open forum.
PM sent

what was the viz on this trip? just curious because the CSSP website is always stating 20'... i know he updates the temperature as i've seen that change over the last few months.

is it worth the drive from austin? or should i stick to travis and/or the LTS guide?

Jeffro--

The viz was 20 feet this weekend at CSSP.

I didn't find the casket, but i did find an underwater platform at Terrell that I didn't know about. It's corrugated and the first platform on the west end of the pond, so there are 3 platforms west of Sisco.

I too was cursed with not being able to find the coffin for so long that when I finally did find it, I surfaced just to take a bearing. It is 180 degrees due south of the pontoon entrance (the one near the plane).

We encountered the coffin during a tour portion of an OW checkout dive. There was a Junior OW student in the group, an 11 year old. The coffin was well below the thermocline, so we penetrated it and took a closer look.

During the debrief, the 11 year old asked why it was so cold by the coffin.

My response: "It was the icy grip of Death's cold hand!"

The look on his face was priceless.:eyebrow:

We encountered the coffin during a tour portion of an OW checkout dive. There was a Junior OW student in the group, an 11 year old. The coffin was well below the thermocline, so we penetrated it and took a closer look.

You have probably scared the poor lad for life.............. :rofl3:

:shakehead:
JoeDiver, that is mean. :no

Back
Top Bottom