I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is the ridge line vented? Here in Canada we have condensation problems, freeze, thaw, freeze thaw so moisture & condensation build upcan rot a roof. It's common to vent the ridge line & soffets to allow circulation. I can see your soffets are open, but could not see if the ridge cap is the vented type or not. Your ceiling is open so plenty of circulation there & i see the big fan in the back wall.

Thanks for all of your help! Could not have done it without you guys.

Butt monkies. Ma~ has butt monkies. She's missing her little buddy and is terrorizing anything and everything... even if they aren't there. :D :D :D It's fun to watch her chase nothing all over the place. It's great entertainment and really fills an evening. This is Butt Monkey Territory: enter at your risk.

However, give her enough time and she'll find something to torment. Last night it was a small rat. The last few days have had awesome weather... so much that I just leave the kitchen door open. To my surprise, I heard the thunder of tiny paws and something else far lighter enter the kitchen. Before I could do a thing the chase entered into the main room, as Ma~ slid into walls and a desk as the little rat ran for its life. She hit the desk hard enough to knock boxes off and the rat finally made it under the cover of the couch. Ma~ ran around the couch several times swiping underneath in trying to dislodge the little fellow. Finally up, I helped by turning the couch over and the chase was on again... into my room. why didn't I close that door? Up over my bed, into the bathroom and then behind the bedroom door, where Ma~ had him cornered. Quickly I went to grab a grocery bag but by the time I got there, the chase had resumed. The little bugger ran into me and got kicked back into my bedroom where it made its last stand between the tub and the sink. I had to push Ma~ out of the way and while she wanted the ref to call a foul, I collected the vermin and whacked him out of existence.

Well, that was fun! :D Living in the country means I never know what's going to come visit. Today should be easy as the rain is keeping Ma~ inside. What a soak we're having!

vBhvM0iAGEKtcpTgTfmxlurs31o3lWyPluUEp7PCw3ORy6xz1TALkSkeTOD3V5fHFX0Cl__2g48qkLXia5T=w293-h220-no.jpg

upload_2018-4-14_21-53-28.png

My new tractor. It's a TYM 37 HP tractor with a bucket/root grapple that has 2400 pounds of lift. Woot. I spent 4.5 hours on her today cleaning up. Wow, she's a beast. With the grapple up, she looks like she could eat my Kia, but I don't think she's car-nivorous. :D :D :D I was able to pick up a 20 foot tree with her and move her over to the corral. The only thing is that I have to be sure to pick these trees up balanced. There was a 14 foot trunk that was exceptionally heavy by the road. I almost rolled her, but caught it just in time. Careful and methodical teasing allowed me to keep pulling the tree out where I could pick it up in the center of its mass. There was definitely a learning curve with this. I started out quite jerky, especially when lowering a load, but by the end of the day I was getting the hang of it. Push the lever forward to lower the arms, pull it back to raise it. Pull it left to roll the grapple up and right to roll it down. Push the switch down to close the claws and up to release them. To grab a load, I would level the grapple, lower it down to just touch the ground, drive into the pile, close the claws, roll the grapple up and lift the bucket a tad. Drive to the respective pile, lift the grapple, roll it down and open the claws. I'll take some pics of the growing piles tomorrow. I can't believe how much I got done.​

BTW, if you're in the Central Florida area and need/want a tractor, go visit Ocala Tractor and ask for Eric and/or Manny!

My god, she is a sexy, sexy beast. I think I'm in love...
Although most guys like looking at Topless,,,,,,rest assured,,,,not in this picture. Even with a hat, that engine heat compounded with the sun will be brutal.

You're gonna make ALOT of neighbor friends really quick,,nice rig !!

Although most guys like looking at Topless,,,
I need a sunshade on her. Waiting for a quote on that now.

Nice now all you need is a big trailer and have I got a job for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom