I feel sorry for store manager

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which Amendment establishes the right to vote not guilty on a jury if one disagrees with the law?

I served on a Grand Jury with a jerk like that. Hated the whole government, so no one got his guilty vote, ever.

I have been a bit anti myself, at times, on specific issues, but to me his attitude was just plain brain dead, and knee jerk.

I served on a Grand Jury with a jerk like that. Hated the whole government, so no one got his guilty vote, ever.

I have been a bit anti myself, at times, on specific issues, but to me his attitude was just plain brain dead, and knee jerk.

The process is called "jury nullification" and dates back before the Revolution.

In the 60s juries nullified the laws against murder in South by finding those whites who murdered blacks not guilty.

Not necessarily a good process...

And, it is not a "right"....

The process is called "jury nullification" and dates back before the Revolution.

In the 60s juries nullified the laws against murder in South by finding those whites who murdered blacks not guilty.

Not necessarily a good process...

And, it is not a "right"....

This yahoo, an ultra liberal city boy did not do a lot of nullifying. Simply irritated every other juror, the judge, and the peeps from the DA's office.

To nullify, he would have had to convince, which he lacked any ability to do. At least in Grand Jury a simple majority is all that is required, unlike criminal court and major crimes.

Yeah, I agree with most. Do it on public land if you must. Publix is right. I don't like to be bothered with anybody who's peddling anything. It used to be phone calls, mail, now it's e mail ads up the wazoo.Today, anyone interested in any product, bank, credit card, religion, charity, even the U.S. Constitution can look it all up on the internet without being "informed" by others.

Which Amendment establishes the right to vote not guilty on a jury if one disagrees with the law?

Read and learn on your own. There are three ways to overturn a federal law in the constitution. Congress can repeal the law, the Supreme Court can find the law unconstitutional, or a jury can render a verdict of not guilty. If the they disagree with the law. Feel free to research that all you want. Or, if you like, wait until you are impaneled. Then stand up and tell the judge that you are aware of your constitutional rights as a juror, and feel compelled to inform your fellow jurors of their constitutional rights.

Then try to discuss the constituionality of jail food.

Read and learn on your own. There are three ways to overturn a federal law in the constitution. Congress can repeal the law, the Supreme Court can find the law unconstitutional, or a jury can render a verdict of not guilty. If the they disagree with the law. Feel free to research that all you want. Or, if you like, wait until you are impaneled. Then stand up and tell the judge that you are aware of your constitutional rights as a juror, and feel compelled to inform your fellow jurors of their constitutional rights.

Sooo, there is no Constitutional Amendment then....

... it's probably better for your constitution than my cooking ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Was the copy of the Constitution a copy or a copy with commentary or a plug for an organization?

Jury nullification is not, as far as I know, a constitutional right.

Was the copy of the Constitution a copy or a copy with commentary or a plug for an organization?

Jury nullification is not, as far as I know, a constitutional right.

Jury nullification is not a Constitutional right. It does, however, indicate society-at-large's dissatisfaction with certain laws. The 21st Amendment is generally attributed to the large number of alcohol related cases (over 50%) nullified by juries.

In comparison a very small percentage of drug cases are nullified....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom