I drank the koolaid!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like Halcyon, OMS, Diverite and a few other speciality brands who make some great tech gear.

I asked a general question what was special about Halcyon and you choose to respond with a specific feature of their bladder which is a poor reason. Now you state you don't want to talk about the gear your chose while stating I'm offensive... Looks like you will fit right in with DIR.

Dwayne

Wow. Did you not read the part where I requested that we AVOID all this confrontational BS in this thread? And yet you choose to perpetuate the negativity. For what purpose, may I ask? Is there a point you are trying to make, that is so urgent that you feel you must insult me here? So, I will, with all due respect, ask you to PLEASE CUT THIS CRAP OUT.

Having said that, I wish to also point out that you completely mis-stated what I said in my original response to you. You said I "chose to respond with a specific feature of their bladder", which you evidently feel is a poor reason to choose Halcyon. That is simply not accurate - it would appear you didn't actually read my entire response. What I REALLY said was:

In the end we weighed everything we learned and decided to go with Halcyon. Quality (an example: the interior bladder of the wing) was one selling point, but there were others as well.

Please pay close attention to the bolded word. I specifically stated the bladder was one EXAMPLE of the quality that I saw in the Halcyon products. I even went on to state that quality was only one selling point, among many. And later, I even expanded on why that one particular example happens to be important to us.

Yet you still felt it was appropriate to suggest that my husband and I were naively taken in by a slick sales rep, rather than making an educated decision based on thorough research of the available options. :shakehead:

YOU may feel my reasons were poor. But they are my reasons, and both my husband and I consider them valid, and the result of a significant amount of due diligence (which I would suggest is probably more than most people do before they make their own gear-purchasing decisions).

Please. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Didn't your mother ever teach you that? :no:

Please. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Didn't your mother ever teach you that? :no:

Have a fun time with your special Halcyon gear and your DIR training.

Dwayne

Have a fun time with your special Halcyon gear and your DIR training.

Dwayne

I'm sure I will. And thank you for the kind wishes. :D

I like Halcyon, OMS, Diverite and a few other speciality brands who make some great tech gear.

I asked a general question what was special about Halcyon and you choose to respond with a specific feature of their bladder which is a poor reason given that most other manufacturers have construction methods which also protect against punctures. Now you state you don't want to talk about the gear your chose while stating I'm offensive... Looks like you will fit right in with DIR.

Dwayne
Dude, what is your problem and why such a bone to pick? Can't you just let her have a happy moment?
By students, I was referring to Tech 1 students. By playing under water, I was referring to the types who do barrel rolls, wave to the video cameras and monkey dive.

So your really having a problem with those of us who choose to play around a bit under water? Why does that bother you? I might very well have mis understood you though, if so, please accept my apologies.

Cody, thanks. :D I'm still happy. And I'll be even happier if I can get Steve to teach a Fundies class in November. I really want to get it done before we go to Costa Rica.

I suspect Phil was having a bad day. I would dive with Phil and Merry in a heartbeat. :)

Can we all sing Kumbaya?

Cody, thanks. :D I'm still happy. And I'll be even happier if I can get Steve to teach a Fundies class in November. I really want to get it done before we go to Costa Rica.

I suspect Phil was having a bad day. I would dive with Phil and Merry in a heartbeat. :)

Can we all sing Kumbaya?

Just get Charlie to get onboard then you'd only need one more to fill a class! Go work the DIR section and the GUE forums and find a team mate!

(Side to vladmir: That post was hysterically funny, especially since I think I've read every report of a GUE class that's ever been posted on the web -- and you summarized all of them!)
Thanks, I think I may have read a few too many myself.:D

What is clear from that reading, though, is that there's an almost unanimous enthusiasm for the class. Yes, it's a self-selected group, but I can't think of anything else that gets reviewed here--class, resort, gear, dive operator, etc.--that meets with that sort of approval. They must be doing something right.

By students, I was referring to Tech 1 students. By playing under water, I was referring to the types who do barrel rolls, wave to the video cameras and monkey dive.

This does nothing to clarify my confusion as to your objection to DIR applied to non-cave diving. Is it because they're too serious or because they're not serious enough?

Eh, never mind. I was in an argumentative mood today. Preparing presentation charts does that to me.

Out of curiosity, now that those people have (I assume) long since passed T1, do they still drill all the time? Most of the T1+ folks I dive with are like Rainer: dive for fun, train occasionally to keep the skills honed and to work up for the oddballs.

I suspect Phil was having a bad day. I would dive with Phil and Merry in a heartbeat.
icosm14.gif

Can we all sing Kumbaya?

I'd have no problems diving with Phil either, but trust me, you do NOT want to hear me sing.:dork2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom