I dove in Cabo San Lucas in June...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awm

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was going to post when I got the pictures back, but right now it looks like that isn't going to happen.

We dove at Cabo San Lucas at the Manta shop, near lover's beach. We are somewhat beginners (this would be our 3rd and 4th dive after certification), so they took us out on a boat with just us and the divemaster. We got out earlier than the other boats, which ended up working out nicely.

There was nothing too exciting until we came across a large school of manta rays. And by school, I mean there were over 100. It was HUGE. Tiny schools were forming up with the large school. They are really graceful swimmers, and we followed them for a bit. The faster we swam, the faster they swam until we just couldn't keep up anymore.

Our dive master took a ton of pictures, and we took a look at them back at the dive shop. They were awesome, and he promised to email them to us by the end of the month (June). Well, ends up we still haven't received them. I emailed them and they said he no longer works for the company, so he forwarded my email. No response, so I emailed them again, and they still haven't responded. A call ended up not being answered, so we will have to try calling again.

I am really disappointed to not have received the pictures because it was such an awesome experience -- and the pictures are definately floating somewhere.

Wow, sounds like an awesome experience!

We're diving with Manta in September. How did you like them overall? Which dive sites did they take you to?

AWM you are in luck. We are going that way tomorrow morning and diving with Manta for three days. Give me the information and if I have too I'll pay him for a copy of the pictures and mail them to you when we return next monday. Name of divemaster, Date, dive if you can remember. And any other info you can help me with. Please let know the information by tonight, leaving to early in the morning to look at board.

Oh, I to would like to know what dive sites you did and which ones you like. I have a feeling this is going to be a one time deal to cabo for us since we dive warmer waters most of the time.

Jcsgt:
We're diving with Manta in September. How did you like them overall? Which dive sites did they take you to?

I really liked them a lot. We were supposed to go with a larger group, but they sensed that me and my father were a bit nervous (our first real dive was last summer in Hawaii, so it had been about a year since we had last been in the water), so they took us out privately. Real nice people. I forget what they call the dive site they took us to, but it was off near lover's beach -- almost right in their backyard.

NDH:
AWM you are in luck. We are going that way tomorrow morning and diving with Manta for three days. Give me the information and if I have too I'll pay him for a copy of the pictures and mail them to you when we return next monday. Name of divemaster, Date, dive if you can remember. And any other info you can help me with. Please let know the information by tonight, leaving to early in the morning to look at board.

Thanks! I just sent you a PM.

NDH:
Oh, I to would like to know what dive sites you did and which ones you like. I have a feeling this is going to be a one time deal to cabo for us since we dive warmer waters most of the time.

We did a 2-tank dive but pretty much just did the same dive both times. A few sea lions were swimming around in the area, but I never saw them underwater.

I received your PM and we will do our best to find him when we are dry docked.

awm:
I forget what they call the dive site they took us to, but it was off near lover's beach -- almost right in their backyard.

Some of the more popular dive sites around Lovers Beach are Pelican Rock, Neptune's Finger and Lands End (sea lion colony on the north side of it). Of course, the many dives on the wall are right there too. I am envious - you saw tons of eagle rays. You might reconsider Cabo if temperature is a factor - we were comfy in 3/2's diving there in August & November. I think it takes until August or October for the water to warm up.

scubabum2:
Some of the more popular dive sites around Lovers Beach are Pelican Rock, Neptune's Finger and Lands End (sea lion colony on the north side of it). Of course, the many dives on the wall are right there too. I am envious - you saw tons of eagle rays. You might reconsider Cabo if temperature is a factor - we were comfy in 3/2's diving there in August & November. I think it takes until August or October for the water to warm up.

That's it -- it was pelican rock.

Lucky you! I really like the diving in Cabo, and yes, October-November the water is more tolerable.

We are diving with Manta the first few days of Sept. Anyone else planning any diving with them that week?

Back
Top Bottom