I do not agree with, "Dive and Let Dive."

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found your design for the patch

828D2896-5552-46F4-84D8-FD0A898D47B4.jpeg

“Leave only bubbles”

No man is an island,
Entire of itself;
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.

If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less,
As well as if a promontory were:
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were.

Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.

John Donne
That is a beautiful poem, a beautiful thought.

While I'm not attacking buddy-diving itself, I will note there's a legit issue of a "Buddy Hazard" that divers should be aware of.
I have to acknowledge, that I once was that Buddy Hazard.

I was a new sidemount diver (before there was any sidemount training available in this country). I somehow thought that a rotating 90 degree swivel on the long hose would be a good idea. It was comfy, for sure. But when we had an air sharing drill things went a little off. 180 degrees off, to be exact. Instead of air, my buddy got a mouthfull of water.

So I guess solo diving with a vintage double hose, no BC and no alternate air source is out of the question. Asking for a friend.

So I guess solo diving with a vintage double hose, no BC and no alternate air source is out of the question. Asking for a friend.
Ha! The people that know better (way better than mere mortals) may be ok with the double hose but NO REDUNDANCY? Nah uh... No way.

That is a beautiful poem, a beautiful thought.
I don't know when this first started being written out as if it were a poem, but it is actually prose, one of Donne's meditations on death and dying as he believed himself to be possibly on his deathbed. For those who don't know the context, in those days it was customary for a church bell to toll when a person dies. A tolling bell sounds different from a ringing bell. When a bell rings, the bell is swung and hits the clapper; when a bell tolls, the clapper swings and hits the bell with a dull thud. When people heard a bell toll, they might send a servant to find out who had died.

The whole set of meditations is worth a read. In one of my favorites, he mulls over his reactions to being examined by his doctor. He tries to read the doctor's reactions to the examination to guess how serious his condition may be. He is aware of the irony in his fear that his condition may have worsened and he could be nearer to death. As the most prominent clergyman in England, he should logically rejoice at the thought of impending death, and he struggles to understand his fear. Does it indicate a lapse in faith?

Donne is one of the most brilliant people in English history, and I would advise people to get to know him. He was a rising star as a young man, despite the fact that his Catholic faith would typically bar him from most offices. Then he made the mistake of marrying Anne More, his boss's niece, and everything he was working for was destroyed. They kept producing children and he was now without an income. At some point he wrote this sad poem:
John Donne​
Anne Donne​
Undone​
His eventual renouncing of Catholicism and embracing of the Anglican church got him a position of Dean of St. Paul's cathedral.

I don't know when this first started being written out as if it were a poem, but it is actually prose, one of Donne's meditations on death and dying as he believed himself to be possibly on his deathbed. For those who don't know the context, in those days it was customary for a church bell to toll when a person dies. A tolling bell sounds different from a ringing bell. When a bell rings, the bell is swung and hits the clapper; when a bell tolls, the clapper swings and hits the bell with a dull thud. When people heard a bell toll, they might send a servant to find out who had died.

The whole set of meditations is worth a read. In one of my favorites, he mulls over his reactions to being examined by his doctor. He tries to read the doctor's reactions to the examination to guess how serious his condition may be. He is aware of the irony in his fear that his condition may have worsened and he could be nearer to death. As the most prominent clergyman in England, he should logically rejoice at the thought of impending death, and he struggles to understand his fear. Does it indicate a lapse in faith?

Donne is one of the most brilliant people in English history, and I would advise people to get to know him. He was a rising star as a young man, despite the fact that his Catholic faith would typically bar him from most offices. Then he made the mistake of marrying Anne More, his boss's niece, and everything he was working for was destroyed. Anne kept producing children and he was now without an income. At some point he wrote this sad poem:
John Donne​
Anne Donne​
Undone​
His eventual renouncing of Catholicism and embracing of the Anglican church got him a position of Dean of St. Paul's cathedral.
"Anne More kept producing children"

That comes off like it was her decision, and actions, alone. LOL! Hardly...

"Anne More kept producing children"

That comes off like it was her decision, and actions, alone. LOL! Hardly...
Ok, OK, OK. My wording could have been better. They were obviously producing children together.

I don't know when this first started being written out as if it were a poem, but it is actually prose, one of Donne's meditations on death and dying as he believed himself to be possibly on his deathbed.

But which agency did he certify with? And did he use split fins?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom