I.C.E. Divers (Not Ice divers)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting story on diving to detect drug boxes attached to ships. I picked this version, because it has more photos with the story than on most sites.

ICE Dive Unit In Miami Targets Drug Smuggler Ships : NPR

(Any more appropriate forum for this sort of diver related news? didn't seem to sit any better elsewhere.)

Yes, that was interesting. And the "murky" viz they mention is better than my local quarry :)

"Elite" divers? Wonder if PADI has this course available. Sort of sounds like the quarry where I did my OW dives one September. Pea green water, 20 feet deep with viz about three feet. No problemo.

Interesting story on diving to detect drug boxes attached to ships. I picked this version, because it has more photos with the story than on most sites.

ICE Dive Unit In Miami Targets Drug Smuggler Ships : NPR

(Any more appropriate forum for this sort of diver related news? didn't seem to sit any better elsewhere.)

I saw the pictures, looks like a fantastic day in Maine. BTW, any ideas as to why the ICE divers were there? :rofl3:

Why would we want get involved in the losing war on drugs? We've stopped maybe 5% of the drugs finding their way here, the drug prices are worth their weight in gold, it costs us many billions of dollars every year, we've sacrificed our children's civil liberties, and no prohibitions have EVER worked. Complete and utter failure.

If I'm going to risk my life, its not going to be for a cause that supports Neocons living in the past, hypocritically touting small government and forcing their morals on everybody else.

Back
Top Bottom