I am starting my ow course tonight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Callo21

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Like I said tonight is the first night. I know yall probally get tired of hearing this, but I have been watching these forums for a while, and I finally joined. It keeps telling me that I need to make a post, but I have very little knowledge of diving, and I can't really make comments on things I have no idea about. I am sure once I finish my course that I will be on here asking about gear. But then again I am a researcher, I look, and look, and look, read some reviews, and look some more. But I just wanted to say thank you for letting me be a part of this great forum, I have learned so much from all of you already. I am going into this class with ears open wide, I was petrified of diving at first, because I am huge on saftey. But, I have learned that If you do everything by the book, and pay attention, you can greatly reduce your chances of something happening. And you can be prepared if something does arrise. Anyway, everyone please be safe, we all have friends and familys that love us, and care about us.
Johnathan Calloway

Hey there,

Make sure you report back when you take your first few breaths underwater! Welcome to the forum. Everyone's been great here...I'm pretty much a newb, but everyone's so helpful and kind. Good luck on your course!

How safe would driving be if you only drove a carefully maintained car on good weather days, always observed the rules of the road, and you had no other drivers doing crazy things to run into you?

Diving is certainly not 100% safe, but if you stay within your limits, maintain your equipment, and follow the safety instructions you will learn in class, it comes more than reasonably close.

As for he parallel to crazy drivers running into you, apparently back in the 1960's there were bad guys lurking in kelp beds who would try to cut your regulator hose when you went by, but either Mike Nelson got them all, they all retired, or they all died. You can now count on diving unmolested by assassins.

Good luck with your first dive. You're going to love it so much you'll be signing up for the advanced course before you know it. Stay safe, stay educated.

Congrats, my wife completed her O/W last weekend gonna hit my brother in laws pool a few times to get everything sorted out and make sure she is comfortable, then it is off to diving together...

Good Luck

Welcome.

I hope that you have as much fun with you class as I have.

Next week we'll be doing a dive cleanup of the Snake River through Idaho Falls. I figure I can get 2 or 3 dives in on Saturday, plus do a good deed. I am sure after a week with no diving my newly minted C card will be burning a hole in my pocket!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom