I am starting my ow course tonight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome and good luck

Good luck & welcome to the UW world of diving..........I'm thinking it's the internet or something but to be honest when we took our classes(wife, daughter & myself in '85), we never thought of 'something happening', guess we were young & naive...lol........let us know how it goes.......

boulderjohn:
How safe would driving be if you only drove a carefully maintained car on good weather days, always observed the rules of the road, and you had no other drivers doing crazy things to run into you?

Diving is certainly not 100% safe, but if you stay within your limits, maintain your equipment, and follow the safety instructions you will learn in class, it comes more than reasonably close.

As for he parallel to crazy drivers running into you, apparently back in the 1960's there were bad guys lurking in kelp beds who would try to cut your regulator hose when you went by, but either Mike Nelson got them all, they all retired, or they all died. You can now count on diving unmolested by assassins.

forgive me for not knowing this, but who is mike nelson?

DivingsInMyBlood:
forgive me for not knowing this, but who is mike nelson?

OMG. Google "Sea Hunt." He's Nemrod's idol.

Welcome to the other 70% of planet Earth (the portion that is covered with water). Todd

Skeeter1097:
Have a grate time and we well see you in a few days. Have fun, be happy.

Hopefully he didn't get sucked into the pool grate.... :D

Have fun in your OW course! You are on your way to enjoying fantastic underwater experiences!

Back
Top Bottom