I am starting my ow course tonight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mobster75:
Hopefully he didn't get sucked into the pool grate.... :D

Either he hated it and abandoned us or he's still at the bottom of the pool with the reg in his mouth...I'm going to wager a new set of Atomic Splitfins on the latter of the two...

DivingsInMyBlood:
forgive me for not knowing this, but who is mike nelson?

[Sigh]

People my age are always distressed at every reminder that we are people my age. It's like the time on a home brewing discussion area that someone talked about finding antique beer cans and wondered what the triangular holes were.

Sea Hunt was a TV series way back when, starring Lloyd Bridges as Mike Nelson, a diver who had one wild adventure after another under water. Many of those adventures included villains who would attack with knives, cutting air hoses in an attempt to bring on drowning.

You could always tell the bad guys, though. The show's producers were concerned about color symbolism, so they had Mike Nelson's wet suit and hood (and those of the other good guys) sprayed with a silverish paint, leaving the evil doers with basic black. You would have thought Mike would spot that after a while and be wary of anyone in a black wet suit.

Hey guys, last night was only our first class, we do our pool dive tommorrow though, I am really excited. I will let you know tommorrow. Thank you for all of the welomes, and god bless.
JOhnathan Calloway

ok guys, I did my pool dive today. It was kind of weird at first, I felt like I wantedto come up after about 15 minutes during skills. But I resisted the urge and it soon went away. I wasn't scared or nervous, it was just like I need a real breathe now. But like I said it went away. The only thig I didn't like was my mask would keep fogging up. I would have to fill it with water and then clear it every 2 minutes. The instructer said that I needed to clean it some more. He said when there new you have to clean them several times and then put the defoger on it. He msut know because his mask never fogged up. Does anyone know a for sure way to keep it from fogging. He said he would be slack to everyone today for having your mask on your head. But next week when we spend two days at blue water, he would not tolerate it because it is one sign for diver in distress, and he said he would treat us like we where in distress.

Callo21:
ok guys, I did my pool dive today. It was kind of weird at first, I felt like I wantedto come up after about 15 minutes during skills. But I resisted the urge and it soon went away. I wasn't scared or nervous, it was just like I need a real breathe now. But like I said it went away. The only thig I didn't like was my mask would keep fogging up. I would have to fill it with water and then clear it every 2 minutes. The instructer said that I needed to clean it some more. He said when there new you have to clean them several times and then put the defoger on it. He msut know because his mask never fogged up. Does anyone know a for sure way to keep it from fogging. He said he would be slack to everyone today for having your mask on your head. But next week when we spend two days at blue water, he would not tolerate it because it is one sign for diver in distress, and he said he would treat us like we where in distress.

Hey there,

Glad to hear things went well. For your fog issue, grab some Sea Drops at your local dive shop. A squirt or two will last you for an entire dive if you follow the directions.

something else to note, spitting in your mask will prevent fogging as well (I SWEAR!)

And you don't want to keep your mask on your forehead, cause the moisture from your forehead will cause fog... just keep it on your face or if you don't like mouthbreathing, take it off (instructor allowed of course)

On where to hang the mask, I usually don't take it off until I'm completely and safely out of the water. Then, it goes around my neck.

It's also much easier and convenient (and cheaper) to use saliva as a defogger. After my mask is on, and if I notice I didn't salivate enough on my mask on the first go, I'll stop, pull the mask down and slightly away from my face, and start licking with my tongue. No fuss, no muss.

Back
Top Bottom