I am coming to the Philippines in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's gone Matt? Geeze, I have only been away 6 months...:D

I should add that Toko's at Atlantis Resort has the best food!

matt_reed:
You clearly have been away too long my friend, things have changed...I think you will like Hammerhead though!
what?!?!?!

So mister tour leader where will you take young simon and i?

lock_washer:
Thanks Hank49. Any problems getting bottled water there? Because of my bleeding ulcers, I have to be careful not to aggravate my intestines. Fortunately they are in remission, but I can't be too careful.

I don't think the food will aggrevate your ulcers....I'm not an expert though. But in the Visayas, the food is pretty bland. Up north in Illocano country it's more spicey but around Panay, Negros, Cebu (and I would guess Mindoro but never been there) garlic, ginger, salt and pepper is pretty much it. And most little restaurants serve it very hot, well cooked so the danger of getting an intestinal bug is pretty slim.
As mentioned, bottled water is everywhere.
Ever heard of Matula Tea? My wife had a heliobacter pylori infection (the bacteria that causes ulcers) and it knocked it right out.

Back
Top Bottom