I am coming to the Philippines in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

God! Once again where has this thread gone:D I'll behave myself:14:

tboxcar:
God! Once again where has this thread gone:D I'll behave myself:14:
behave? what for? we never do....
:D

Mike Veitch:
snow and coke?

say no to drugs mmmm'kay?!
ewww... not that type of "snow"... i meant crushed ice... frozen water...

and drugs are bad juju... the synthetic stuff, fry your brain into mush it will...

now......... vegetables are another thing hahahahahahahaha

Jag

Well I guess this thread is pointless now. My original question was for places to eat and clubs tips.

Lock Washer

lock_washer:
Well I guess this thread is pointless now. My original question was for places to eat and clubs tips.

Lock Washer

I highly recommend eating in the local little "carendarias" or restuarants that the locals eat at. One, it's cheap, and two, it's good. One thing I've learned in all my travels is to eat the local food. It's what they know how to cook and they're good at it. If you want good Thai food, go to Thailand, but don't expect an American style hamburger of pizza (unless you're in Bangkok and go to Pizza Hut)
You can get good pork, beef, fish dishes with rice and or some side veggies for around US$1.

Thanks Hank49. Any problems getting bottled water there? Because of my bleeding ulcers, I have to be careful not to aggravate my intestines. Fortunately they are in remission, but I can't be too careful.

No worries about bottled water, it's everywhere. We don't drink the tap water.

There is a good club with live bands called Centrum in PG, actually Sabang where you are staying. Lots of terrific restaurants there. The dive gear is surprisingly cheap as well, at least for fins and masks.

lock_washer:
Thanks Hank49. Any problems getting bottled water there? Because of my bleeding ulcers, I have to be careful not to aggravate my intestines. Fortunately they are in remission, but I can't be too careful.

Lunch didn't taste as good the second time around... :l:

Bottled water in the PI is fine, in fact, in my experience so is the tap water in most places.

However, for a sensitive western stomach might i suggest not trying to eat on a budget, i will quite hapilly eat on from the street vendors, but if there was the slightest possibility it could cause me more damage that a swift visit to the toilet i would not try to save money on food.

And yes we do all talk ***** in the PPD...

Diver Dennis:
There is a good club with live bands called Centrum in PG

You clearly have been away too long my friend, things have changed...I think you will like Hammerhead though!

Back
Top Bottom