I am a stone in the water (and a leaf on the wind)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a great feeling isn't it...suspended in the water column, just floating with the fish...quiet, zen-like, free from the confines of gravity. Makes me want to go diving!! :wink:

That's a great feeling isn't it...suspended in the water column, just floating with the fish...quiet, zen-like, free from the confines of gravity. Makes me want to go diving!! :wink:

This makes me smile. At CSSP this summer, John, I watched you in your happy place when you didn't know anyone was around. While on a group dive during our camping weekend, we passed above you while you were in your zen-state, alone, just hanging in the water column by the wall, mesmerized by something in the limestone. My buddy motioned to me, wondering if you were okay... I remember thinking, "He's more than okay." It was kind of a private moment, you know? Interesting that this brought it back to my memory.

During those low-vis dives is when it's fun to focus on the sheer joy of neutral bouyancy- that's something we Swampdivers tend to embrace. :wink:

During those low-vis dives is when it's fun to focus on the sheer joy of neutral bouyancy- that's something we Swampdivers tend to embrace. :wink:

Oh it's so true. Once I got the hang of it I wasnt really caring about the viz as much because I was just relishing the control I had. Like I wasnt fighting the equipment anymore - I was using it. Such an amazing feeling. So cool to be part of 'the club' now :D

This makes me smile. At CSSP this summer, John, I watched you in your happy place when you didn't know anyone was around. While on a group dive during our camping weekend, we passed above you while you were in your zen-state, alone, just hanging in the water column by the wall, mesmerized by something in the limestone. My buddy motioned to me, wondering if you were okay... I remember thinking, "He's more than okay." It was kind of a private moment, you know? Interesting that this brought it back to my memory.

And now you know what some of us find so appealing about diving solo.......

And now you know what some of us find so appealing about diving solo.......

Touche', yep, I get it. Although with the right buddy, (and you have been amongst those who were the right buddy) it is also possible to go there. I will no longer nag you, your point is made... I simply want all my friends to be safe, and my dive training was so emphatic regarding the buddy system, that I am uncomfortable with solo diving for myself. And you're gonna hurt my feelers if you say you'd rather dive alone than with me!!

Who else is going to tell you when you're winning the biggest boogie contest after the dive??? Huh? :kiss2:

And you're gonna hurt my feelers if you say you'd rather dive alone than with me!!

Who else is going to tell you when you're winning the biggest boogie contest after the dive??? Huh? :kiss2:

You know I luv ya, and would ALWAYS rather dive with you than without...:Kissy:

You know I luv ya, and would ALWAYS rather dive with you than without...:Kissy:

Okay, I fished. You done good. :D <---- extremely smug smile.

I have been rebellious once or twice and burned off my tank alone, nearby the dock, at the end of a dive. But my buddy is always either floating on the water or watching from the pier... Even then I feel as if I've run with scissors...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom