Hyperstrech or regular?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vicente:
Let me be specific here in that I mean the Henderson "HyperStretch" is over-hyped, as if it were the only choice. They have that little term trademarked I believe. Do think they make these things from raw ingredients? No, they buy material and have it sewn together like anyone else these days. Plenty of companies buying stretchy neoprene same material, sewing it together different ways and extras, under other names.

The Auqualung suit for example has pre-bent legs and some other things about it, that seem better than the original Henderson suits. Henderson got fat quick on their idea and don't seem to have improved their suits in the last 5 years. AquaLung calls theirs "AquaFlex". Oh yeah the Aqualung was about $40 cheaper too.

I'm not Henderson-bashing here, just that if you want a suit of that type, you have lots of choices now. All should be checked out IMHO. Am I being nit-picky here? Yes perhaps, but I am trying to differrentiate so people know to check out all their "stretchy" options not just start at the rack with Hendersons and buy it if it fits.

One of the differences between henderson and others, they put titanium in the material to reflect the body heat and help make the suit warmer, that is what costs more. They also put a coating on the suit to help lessen the problem with velcro. Doesn't eliminate it, but does help, most other suit makers don't do that. Where I looked the Aqualung was more expensive than the henderson. I dunno. I love my hyperstretch!

C U underwater, :snorkel:
ScubaDivaDivemaster

ScubaDivaDivemaster:
One of the differences between henderson and others, they put titanium in the material to reflect the body heat and help make the suit warmer, that is what costs more.:
ScubaDivaDivemaster

This doesn't work.

Can anyone list all of the "super stretchy" wetsuit brands then? So far I have Henderson Hyperstretch, Aqualung Aquaflex, Bare Velocity (which I guess doesn't have a stretchy name, just that this make incorporates stretch "bits"?). Any others?

cork2win:
Can anyone list all of the "super stretchy" wetsuit brands then? So far I have Henderson Hyperstretch, Aqualung Aquaflex, Bare Velocity (which I guess doesn't have a stretchy name, just that this make incorporates stretch "bits"?). Any others?

I have a bare velocity 7/6 full wetsuit... it's not stretchy at all, uses normal neoprene.

They simply make a large range of sizes and have preformed elbows and knee's, along with a few 6mm parts to make it a little easier to handle. I'm perfectly comfortable in it when it's on, but that doesnt make it any less of a pain in the you know what to get it on.

mike_s:
The Inst-Dry gloves are only about $15 bucks more than the hyperstretch. If they fit you're hands well, then they are definately worth the extra few bucks over the hyperstretch.

No Insta-Dry glove. It is a glued one, not stitched... There have been many reprots on their glue job....... Get the gold core glove. It is the best...

ScubaDivaDivemaster:
One of the differences between henderson and others, they put titanium in the material to reflect the body heat and help make the suit warmer

I dunno, I have a Harvey's "Titanium" suit from 9 years ago. I don't think there was ever any serious science to prove whether titanium foil really did anything. But it did sell some "premium" priced suits even back then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom