Hydros pro Replacement shoulder strap possible? Or send in for repair?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The shop wasn't able to find a way to order just the strap or you can't?

Both.

Not sure how hard they looked though. I on the other hand have spent hours looking to no avail. Unless someone had a fast answer, I was going to go drop it off today to get shipped out tomorrow. Ill just dive my wing for a few weeks I guess.

I was going to go drop it off today to get shipped out tomorrow. Ill just dive my wing for a few weeks I guess.

I guess you will need to drop it off asap. I don't know how difficult it is for an authorized SP dealer to get a replacement strap.

Both.

Not sure how hard they looked though. I on the other hand have spent hours looking to no avail. Unless someone had a fast answer, I was going to go drop it off today to get shipped out tomorrow. Ill just dive my wing for a few weeks I guess.
Have you tried Gorilla tape?

tape a $1000 BC. LOL. ?????? 300 dives is not much. Maybe a year (or a half ) of use for an active professional.

Scuba Pro has made some very hardy BC's in the past, but the more I hear about this model, the less I think I would like it - assuming I had that kind of bucks to blow on a BC..

tape a $1000 BC. LOL. ?????? 300 dives is not much. Maybe a year (or a half ) of use for an active professional.

Scuba Pro has made some very hardy BC's in the past, but the more I hear about this model, the less I think I would like it - assuming I had that kind of bucks to blow on a BC..

Honestly, I know a lot of people who own this BC, in person not SB, and no one has ever complained about it. It is actually one of SP's very hot selling BC's.

I love my Hydros but def going to keep an eye on the shoulder straps.

Lol! So interesting to see this problem is STILL afflicting the Hydros Pro. Even Scubapro isn't immune to major screwups.

I actually got it from the shop that I teach for. They wont outright give me a new one, and have been unable to find a way to order just the strap, but will pay to send it in for repair.

Problem is, I leave for vacation in a few weeks, and I would really like it back by then. Its going to be a close thing I guess.
If you got this from a Scubapro dealer I am stunned that they are unable to find a way to order the replacement straps for you. This is Scubapro dealer 101 level stuff here. There is a Dealer Technical Update specific to the Hydros Shoulder Straps. There is also a Shoulder Strap Replacement Work Instruction document that all Scubapro Dealers have access to.

They can order a V3 shoulder assembly kit.

Hydros Mens S, M (Midi) - 21.793.201
Hydros Men's L, XL/XXL (Maxi) - 21.793.200

There have been 3 versions of the straps. I have seen a lot of tearing in the original version. I have not seen any failures of the updated Rev 3 version to date.

What has changed with the V3 straps is below:

Changes to Shoulder Strap
Physical Dimensions of Hinge increased.
Injection Gate location moved to avoid weld line on the Hinge section.

Changes to Hinge Guide
Replaces Retaining Bar.
Controls the angle of the Shoulder Strap Webbing, preventing it from slipping on the main Hinge Bolt and ensuring that the primary load is always taken by the Webbing and not the Monprene Pad, even when the tensile force is at an angle to the backpack.

Hello.

I was wondering if it was at all possible to order/home replace a replacement shoulder strap for the Hydros Pro? I cant seem to find parts easy for that.

My left shoulder strap, the rubber that holds the strap to the backplate ( goes around an inserted bolt ) has ripped at one of the two points of contact View attachment 732911

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Contact Scubapro, the model was revised in 2018/2019 and they fixed those kind of issues.
They might replace it for free, they did sent to me 2 new D-Mask lenses when I scratched them while trying to defog them (using only soap, no abrasives).

Lol! So interesting to see this problem is STILL afflicting the Hydros Pro. Even Scubapro isn't immune to major screwups.
How do you know what model year the jacket is? That issue was solved in the revised version.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom