Hydros pro Replacement shoulder strap possible? Or send in for repair?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clayton122

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello.

I was wondering if it was at all possible to order/home replace a replacement shoulder strap for the Hydros Pro? I cant seem to find parts easy for that.

My left shoulder strap, the rubber that holds the strap to the backplate ( goes around an inserted bolt ) has ripped at one of the two points of contact
PXL_20220712_163544126.jpg

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Yes, you should be able to.
The whole idea and marketing behind the hydros pro is replaceable parts.

Between you and me, that's why I sold my hydros pro. It had about 150 dives and was in pristine condition. But I could see the weak points that would/could get expensive in the future.

So I sold mine off.

I wonder if @buddhasummer can get that rubber shoulder strap part for you.

Hello.

I was wondering if it was at all possible to order/home replace a replacement shoulder strap for the Hydros Pro? I cant seem to find parts easy for that.

My left shoulder strap, the rubber that holds the strap to the backplate ( goes around an inserted bolt ) has ripped at one of the two points of contact View attachment 732911

Thank you for any help you can provide.

It certainly can be replaced. Don't you have a Scubapro dealer locally that you can contact for the replacement?

I would contact the dealer you bought your BC from and insist on free replacement under warranty.

I have little to add, other than that looks like an absolutely terrible design and a weak point. If you can find a replacement, I'd probably replace both sides at the same time.

How many people you know that have this problem? What is the percentage of BC's sold that had this problem? 0.0001%?

Yes, you should be able to.
The whole idea and marketing behind the hydros pro is replaceable parts.

Between you and me, that's why I sold my hydros pro. It had about 150 dives and was in pristine condition. But I could see the weak points that would/could get expensive in the future.

So I sold mine off.

I cant complain to much. This thing has about 300 dives on it. This is the only thing that has ever gone wrong. :)

I just cant seem to find a place to buy the strap from anywhere.

It certainly can be replaced. Don't you have a Scubapro dealer locally that you can contact for the replacement?

I would contact the dealer you bought your BC from and insist on free replacement under warranty.

I actually got it from the shop that I teach for. They wont outright give me a new one, and have been unable to find a way to order just the strap, but will pay to send it in for repair.

Problem is, I leave for vacation in a few weeks, and I would really like it back by then. Its going to be a close thing I guess.

I just cant seem to find a place to buy the strap from anywhere.

Have you contacted your SP dealer?

They wont outright give me a new one, and have been unable to find a way to order just the strap, but will pay to send it in for repair.

The shop wasn't able to find a way to order just the strap or you can't?

Back
Top Bottom