Hydro/VIP/Clean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orlando Eric

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
SO I live in a area where the local shops do some pretty odd stuff -- (nitrox bumper sitckers, etc). I take my tank in for hydro knowing I can get it cheaper myself by going to the local tri-county gas store BUT I get that weird look when I bring stuff (not from their shop) to them enough without doing that.

The rep tells me I'll be getting a hydro , vip and O2 clean tank and valve. I first thought.. nope I am taking my tanks and leaving as this is gonna be some serious cheese. Then I pondered.. the idea of getting a O2 clean once and your tank is clean forever is ludicrous. I have not had them cleaned since I purchased them five years ago and since ALL the local shops do partial blend fills and not banked it makes some sense to me.

Hydro + Vip + Clean + stickers + 36% fill = aprox $80.00 each.

I at first had sticker shock but in the end decided this is not a bad idea plus I will not get that glare from them when I come in for fills like I do for reg Services.

-- opinons? --

really friggin high....

Here, VIP and Hyrdo and Air Fill, $25, Nitrox instead of air $29 Bucks. Add in an O2 Clean another $20 Bucks.

So, $25 for Air Fill
$29 for Nitrox
or $49 for O2 Clean and Nitrox.

O2 clean tank and valve for $20.00 is a good deal. Where are you in Florida I have quite a few more tanks with up coming birthdays...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom