Hydro Testing and full cylinder service North of Chicago???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T. Bix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I know it's a tough time to start/ take over any business but I'm looking at a full service Scuba, SCBA, Fire extinguisher shop between Chicago and Milwaukee..... Any thoughts???

I run a Hydro shop so feel free to PM me with any questions you have. Here are my questions I would ask though:
1. What type cylinders do they service (high pressure, low pressure, Extinguishers, propane, acetyline, etc)
2. What is thier customer base?
3. How many repete customers do they have?
4. Have they ever had a violation with the DOT?
5. What do they charge per cylinder, and how does this compare with competitors?
6. What is thier per day ammount of cylinders tested?
7. When was the alst time thier equipment was calibrated, will you have to pay for the annual calibrations right off the bat.

There are many more questions out there, but these are some of the big ones you need to ask before purchessing. Again, feel free to PM me or email me at tanktest@gmail.com if you have questions.
V/R
Myles

Back
Top Bottom