Hurrcane Ida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like we are in the direct path! Watches already up and they say the warnings will go up tomorrow morning.

just got back sunday from cozumel it rained for a couple of minutes every day &rained at nite diving was never cancelled and viz was still150 water 84 a little cool getting out of the water in the rain we left as ida was comming but checked web cam and everthing was nornmal afterwood

We got a lot of rain Thurs - Sat and then lost a day of diving on Sunday. I got five days of diving in, so I wasn't to upset, but my buddies only got two out of three days of dives in. Needless to say they were understanding but disapointed. It made a good arguement for them to come longer next time. :)

The waves on Sunday were huge, crashing over the walls at the Barracuda and flooding the beach area. Fun to watch, but no fun to dive in.

We rented a jeep for the day and tried to go up the east coast, from the south, but it was closed due to the weather. So we took the cross island road and went to Senior Iguanas for lunch. Mezcalitos (sp) was closed. Lots of local families enjoying the quiet day on the island.

PH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom