Hurghada Hotel and Dive Operator Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well... if it has to be Hurghada Town then, yes, only full day boat trips are worth the money.
I would go for James&Mac. They will also pick you up at your hotel if you ask.
And they offer 2 and 3 days tours.

Well... if it has to be Hurghada Town then, yes, only full day boat trips are worth the money.
I would go for James&Mac. They will also pick you up at your hotel if you ask.
And they offer 2 and 3 days tours.
That's the operation I was thinking of using. I do need to get out to the Thistlegorn so it may be a multiple day trip. We'll have seven days to play.

I stay at the breakers regularly. It’s great. Housereef is one of the best overall and morning zodiac out to sites like tobia arbaa etc are solid. I also cart around a monster of a rig ( Nikon z7. 4 x keldans etc etc) and having the dive site right there with no boat to do 5+ shore dives a day and get a lot of shooting in is great. I know lots of people who dive around Hurghada. Most come back to the breakers after they find it the first time.

Hijacking this thread to ask for ‘Family Friendly divecentre’ recommendations…

We’ve got some adult and 12yr old divers and would like suggestions for safe centres used to diving shallower sites with kids.

Anyone have previous experiences good or bad?

Same. Breakers. It’s a family joint. Lots of kids there usually. The house reef is easy diving. I actually took my nephew there to get certified when he was 13

Note that the Breakers is closed for renovation until mid April. According to latest updates, they are within plan which is quite surprising for Egypt. So, fingers crossed...
I could be interesting to see if they still have "Breakers Time", even when Egypt is moving to DST End of April. I expect they will.

Hijacking this thread to ask for ‘Family Friendly divecentre’ recommendations…

We’ve got some adult and 12yr old divers and would like suggestions for safe centres used to diving shallower sites with kids.

Anyone have previous experiences good or bad?

I have used Coraya Divers (near Port Ghalib) several times with my kids. Really good with kids, and teach lots on JOW courses.

Magic Divers at Magic Life where a bit reluctant to dive with 12 year olds. I would avoid there unless you have teenagers.

I was at Breakers last year and that worked well for us as a family. My daughter was 12 and we could dive unguided on the house reef after a check out dive.

The best family diving we have done was on a family liveaboard last year. It was a great experience, and our kids enjoyed it far more than a hotel stay, the diving was geared around sites suitable for the kids, but also included deeper dives in the morning. We have booked again this year. I did post a trip report on here from our holiday last August.

Another vote for Breakers, but check with them about the Thistlegorm as it is a fair way from there.

The Breakers resp. Orca Soma Bay are not serving the Thistlegorm. Yes, too far away. The alternative is the Salem Express.
However, i heard that Orca is or was planning mini-cruises (2D/1N). Don't know if they progress that idea, but this would be an opportunity to go as far as the Thistlegorm.

Back
Top Bottom