Hurghada Hotel and Dive Operator Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laurie S.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My dive buddy and I will be in Hurghada for a week prior to a Nile River cruise. We have dived the Red Sea before, but on a liveaboard. I'm an underwater photographer and we are both experienced divers. We are looking for recommendations for lodging and a dive operator for the second week in October. Thanks!

Check out Ft. Arabesque. I have made numerous posts about this lovely AI resort with an excellent dive op on site.

I would agree with the recommendation for The Breakers. I stayed there last summer for a few days before a liveaboard, and will be going back again this year. Much better diving than that found close to Hurghada. I used Hurghada Drivers for the transfer from the airport and it was all very easy.

I would agree with the recommendation for The Breakers. I stayed there last summer for a few days before a liveaboard, and will be going back again this year. Much better diving than that found close to Hurghada. I used Hurghada Drivers for the transfer from the airport and it was all very easy.
As someone who lived in Safaga for couple of years, I think Hurghada diving is better than Soma bay/Safaga, advantage in Soma bay is to be able to do half day trips as well as decent house reef diving. In Hurghada, you will spend longer time on the boat as well as daily transfers to/from dive center.

You mean the other way around, right? i.e. Soma Bay is better than Hurghada.
Nope, I like Hurghada diving more. Soma bay has practical advandages as I mentioned, house reef at your door, half day boat rides so that you can spend time with none diving partner family etc. But overall, Hurghada has way bigger number of dive sites and imho, they are better dive sites as well.

Stayed a few time at Crystal Bay - decent AI if thats your thing though now associated with TUI (pet hate). Most of the hotels along that stretch are reasonable (Jaz hotels) through to very good (Stiegenburger Al Dau etc) and many of the dive outfits will pick you up and drop you off as part of the package. Alternatively you can get apartments etc via the usual sources.

I have used Scuba Hurghada (Sayed and Marjolien) and like them - experienced, easy to deal with great price and friendly. Groups split by experience

It will tend to be boat based and all day with a transit to the dive spot (weather/wind dependent). Typical - pick up 8.00 at hotel to port and boat leaves 9.00. Set kit up chill out on top deck. First dive 9.30/10.30 out and change, lunch 11.30/12.30 (included), shorter move to second second dive 12.30/1.30 and back to port 3.00/3.30 and taken back to hotel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom