Hurghada early June, recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pat85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Diving friends,

As I never have been in Egypt before, we (2 friends and my girlfriend and I) are closing of a 2-week trip with a few days in Hurghada, first week of june. We already have booked the hotel; they seem to offer some opportunities for diving. But I ask for your help to find a good place to do 1 or 2 daytrips boat diving (2 or 3 dives a day). My GF and one of the friends are OW. The other friend and I are AOW/Rescue and also would like to make a deeper dive, if there is something nice to see.

Any recommendations for operators that can give our little group a cool day (or 2) of diving?

Any recommendations for diving spots?

If it helps, one of the friends is an Egypt local, which might help in translation.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Well... obvious question: which hotel will you stay at?
There is nothing like a deeper dive in Egypt. You will have to stay within the limits of your certification.
Dive spots to recommend from Hughada: The wrecks nearby up to the Thistlegorn.
James & Mac offers so called mini Safaris , so have a look there.

Well... obvious question: which hotel will you stay at?
There is nothing like a deeper dive in Egypt. You will have to stay within the limits of your certification.
Dive spots to recommend from Hughada: The wrecks nearby up to the Thistlegorn.
James & Mac offers so called mini Safaris , so have a look there.
It seems our hotel is next to/near your recommendation!
What do you mean by 'nothing like a deeper dive in Egypt'? OW may go to 18m. My friend and I are certified to 40m.

Thanks for the tip, will check them out!

I second the J&M recommendation. You will buddy up with the other deep diver and owds will buddy up so that you can dive different profiles if needed. Most of the dive sites are not that deep, so, I think you will dive mostly together. Speak to the guide about your needs, its their job to take care everyone has a decent dive plan.

I second the J&M recommendation. You will buddy up with the other deep diver and owds will buddy up so that you can dive different profiles if needed. Most of the dive sites are not that deep, so, I think you will dive mostly together. Speak to the guide about your needs, its their job to take care everyone has a decent dive plan.
Cool, thank you!

I have contacted J&M, nice vibe from the quick reply! First impressions are really nice, can't wait to travel to Hurghada.

Just got back from diving in Hurghada and did 12 dives total. Highly recommend this dive shop (I did all my dives with them). Call them and speak with Manga (lmk if you want his direct number). There are plenty of options for a couple of days of diving - from the shore you can do Susana Wreck (old liveaboard) and El Mina (old Egyptian minesweeper). If you're taking the boat out then there are over 50 sites they could take you too. I did- Fanadir North, Fanadir South, Hamda, Shaab Sabina, Carless Reef (2 drift dives from different spots), El Gota Abu Ramada (2 drift dives from different spots). I also did a half day trip to Soma Bay and did 2 dives of the house reef at Sharm El-Naga. You can't go wrong in Hurghada but my personal favorites were Carless Reef and El Gota Abu Ramada. Feel free to reach out for more details

Thanks for the replies!

We did one day of diving with J&M and one day of diving with Promaster Red Sea.
Both were cool!
Quick comparison:
J&M had a smaller group, free Nitrox, better rental gear, more relaxed ambiance.
Promaster was way cheaper, including lunch and drinks, a bigger boat so a bigger group in the water.

Back
Top Bottom