hunting bugs on shore dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
Mortons, the Palm, Ruth's Criss, Le Dome....
Just call me on of the the hoi polloi with my low brow restaurants and supermarkets!
Mr.Mo2IcannamehigherclasseateriesVation:mooner:

You guys are Soooooooo Bad! Give the new guy a break. Bruce, alot of folks go to Laguna. However, some coves are protected, so know where and when to take. Know the updated DFG regs before heading out. They do, and will check divers, and will fine and take gear away.

Best of Luck.

Robert Phillips:
Just call me on of the the hoi polloi with my low brow restaurants and supermarkets!
Mr.Mo2IcannamehigherclasseateriesVation:mooner:

Just bein' silly... It's been a long time, for sure.

PS: One final weekend with the beasts, then back they come.

K

Mo2vation:
Just bein' silly... It's been a long time, for sure.

PS: One final weekend with the beasts, then back they come.

K
I miss my babies!
How do you like them? Heavy little *******s aren't they!?

Sorry to hijack your thread Bruce!
Seriously though, you will be hard pressed to find someone to tell you where they hunt for bugs. Your best bet is to find a group and dive with them and see if you get invited along for some bug dives.
Just realize that you will most likely go home empty handed your first 10 or so bug dives. Of course you could join me and my buddies, we could always use and extra license! We may even throw you a bug or two!:eyebrow:
Robb

Robert Phillips:
Of course you could join me and my buddies, we could always use and extra license! We may even throw you a bug or two!:eyebrow:
Robb

We call these people "bugmeat"

Just bring your license... and a bucket. You get the smallest 2 (maybe 3 of we triple limit) of the night as payment for bringing a bag and a third license!

You're so funny. I'm glad we're not the only ones doing this!

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
We call these people "bugmeat"

Just bring your license... and a bucket. You get the smallest 2 (maybe 3 of we triple limit) of the night as payment for bringing a bag and a third license!

You're so funny. I'm glad we're not the only ones doing this!

---
Ken
Triple limit? Amatuers! Last opener we had 8 divers and limited each one, but we have a really good spot.

Who goes out on the opener? I'm talking local mid-weekers.

You couldn't get me out on the opener for all the bugs in the sea. Been there.... I'm not a fan of the mahem.

Plus I suck as a hunter.

You guys go rock on. Put back everything over 7 pounds, though... OK? Toss back the giants.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
Who goes out on the opener? I'm talking local mid-weekers.

You couldn't get me out on the opener for all the bugs in the sea. Been there.... I'm not a fan of the mahem.

Plus I suck as a hunter.

You guys go rock on. Put back everything over 7 pounds, though... OK? Toss back the giants.

---
Ken

It's a tradition. We don't get the crazies where we go. No mahem allowed.
The big ones always get to live. We take pictures and drop them back on the next dive.

Robert Phillips:
It's a tradition. We don't get the crazies where we go. No mahem allowed.
The big ones always get to live. We take pictures and drop them back on the next dive.

Great.

[soapbox]
I don't get all these local shops holding contests for the "biggest lobster" (although some say "biggest live lobster"...)

I mean, I haven't read the fine print on all of the constest rules for all of the shops, but what's the deal? Are they really offering prizes for the monsters? Is their intent to somehow kid themselves that you can take a lobster out of the water for an hour or two and somehow drop it back in the surf miles from where it was caught and it will be fine?

I'm no Marine Biologist - but is that even possible? I know they're still kicking when I get them home... but really?

I'm also no fish hugger - but I don't get the trophy hunting, or the shops encouraging it. OK OK - there is community, there is fun, anticipation, there is excitement around the opener, and there are revenue opportunities these contests bring, and all that rot. And we are the apex hunter on the planet, hear me roar, blah blah. I'm not a huter, so I don't get it. I go lobstering once or twice a week from October to March, but I'm pretty careful with what I take. Taking the giants just isn't a good thing.

If I cant get it in the bag, it stays.
[/soapbox]

:soapbox:

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom