Hull Cleaning Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good point. There's a lot of creativity out there in terms of equipment/tools/techniques, and I'm not above using someone else good idea. I probably spend way too much time at Harbor Freight thinking of ways to adapt stuff to my job....

Oh, sorry. Well, the compressors can be had from ToolBarn.com, the hose assemblies and 2nd stage regs I buy from Innovative Designs in Florida www.supersnorkel.com and I use Hansen brass quick-disconnects and hose clamps to attach the hose to the compressor. Those things see available at any hardware store. It's pretty easy.

Anyone ever dealt with a tire fouled up in a wheel . Got a call from a commercial fishing boat who had a tire in his prop.it took me over an hour and a half to remove I used metal shears and a utility knife.it definately kicked my tail..any suggestions on a easier way to remove tires..speaking to the capt this is not an uncommon occurance..

Anyone ever dealt with a tire fouled up in a wheel . Got a call from a commercial fishing boat who had a tire in his prop.it took me over an hour and a half to remove I used metal shears and a utility knife.it definately kicked my tail..any suggestions on a easier way to remove tires..speaking to the capt this is not an uncommon occurance..

I have used an air-powered reciprocating saw. Had to have a good-sized air compressor on the dock, but, hey, he wasn't going anywhere until I was done. Air tools work just fine underwater, but they kill vis. Use in short bursts. I've used air powered saws, impact wrenches, drills and muffler guns under water. Expands your option list.

DC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom