Hull Cleaning Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, the floating hoses can be a pain. I always worry about it getting sucked up into a passing boats prop, you really have to be aware of where it is all the time. On occasion, I'll take a 5# weight on a shackle and let it hang loose on the hose. It'll draw some of the slack away from the surface and help prevent fouling. I believe the stuff fstbttms is talking about is made by a company called Gates, used it years ago commercially but is tough to find in Florida.

Is it very expensive?!?!
Again, I've never bought it new, so I can't tell you what the price for new hose would be. I have three or four 50' lengths of the sinking hose, don't think I paid more than two bucks a foot for any of it. When you use a hookah every day like I do, the air hose is an extremely critical factor in how comfortable you are in the water. And that translates into productivity. If I had to pay $10.00/foot for the good stuff, I would.

Nice rig! I already see some good ideas for me to steal-I mean "borrow"...:D

Cool setup..I plan on going to a hookah system eventually.the only drawbacks with tanks are you have to fill them and if your not careful you can ding a customers hull.

I'd say the drawbacks to using tanks are many; time to refill, effort to refill, cost to refill, dangerous to transport, take up a lot of space, they're heavy, they can damage a boat and they run out of air! You eliminate all of these drawbacks with a hookah.

I'd say the drawbacks to using tanks are many; time to refill, effort to refill, cost to refill, dangerous to transport, take up a lot of space, they're heavy, they can damage a boat and they run out of air! You eliminate all of these drawbacks with a hookah.
Do you do any work on boats in mooring fields or anchorages? I love the hookah idea, but where do I find one that runs on 12v?

Back
Top Bottom