Hull Cleaning Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are no mooring fields or legal anchorages in the Bay Area, so I have little need for a 12-volt system. They are available (Google "Sea Breathe) but tend to be pretty puny and I doubt they would stand up to much commercial work. An alternative is to run your compressor on a gas-powered generator. I have a 2000-watt Honda that works great for this.

Dude, what are clipboards usually used for?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 164
There are no mooring fields or legal anchorages in the Bay Area, so I have little need for a 12-volt system. They are available (Google "Sea Breathe) but tend to be pretty puny and I doubt they would stand up to much commercial work. An alternative is to run your compressor on a gas-powered generator. I have a 2000-watt Honda that works great for this.
Or to just get a larger compressor for doing fills and dive tanks. Considering my living on the hook plan.

Sterling, this an area that you do not want to **** up in. If you go too small and the ball & boat come off the mooring, you are in deep doo-doo, my friend. I have very little experience in setting up moorings but the few times I've done it, the chain weighed about 10 pounds per foot. You might want to go to sailing forum and ask this question of people who actually keep a boat on a mooring.

Depends on the size of the boat. I use all an chain rode. I'm 34' and use 1/4", which some may say is a little light, but I want to save weight. A friend who's been sailing for years and has done a fair amount of cruising, uses the same size on the same boat. For a permanent mooing I'd probably go a little heavier, though.

Back
Top Bottom