Hull Cleaning Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That brings up anothe question! U work out of a boat?
Yes.

That makes what easier and what harder... ?!?!
Makes nothing harder, makes everything easier. I'd work out of it 24/7 but I don't have a convenient or particularly secure place to keep it at home, so it lives on a trailer in the dry storage at one of my main marinas. The launch ramp is right next door, so it's very convenient. It's not worth it however, for me to leave home, go get the boat, drag it up to a marina 20 miles away, bring it back to the dry storage and then go home. So on those days I just drive straight to the marina that's 20 miles away and hoof it.

The boat is really not a big time saver, overall though. When you take into consideration the time it takes to load it up, launch it, retrieve it, unload it, rinse it, the outboard and the trailer down (something I do religiously every time I use it), it eats up any time savings you've gained by zipping from boat-to-boat, marina-to-marina. But it makes the day overall much less strenuous and tiring because I'm not unloading my gear from the van, wheeling it up and down the ramps and docks and then loading the truck up again, eight times a day. Plus, it's more fun to be out there on the water rather than stuck on the dock.

Do u just drive up and plug ur hookah up to the 30 amp with and adapter?!?!?!
Yes.

Also where do u get zincs?! Do u get them for whole sale so where?!?!
Yes, I buy wholesale. Can't make much money selling zincs if you gotta pay retail for 'em. :wink: I have a Port Supply account and also a wholesale account with a local chandlery & boat yard, Svendsen's, in Alameda. I don't buy many zincs from Port Supply though. I'm not a fan of the "Martyr" brand they carry. I'm a "Reliance" guy and buy probably 99% of the zincs I sell from Svendsen's. Another good resource is BoatZincs.com. Can't buy wholesale from them, but they carry a lot of zincs that are hard to find elsewhere. Plus, their retail prices are pretty good. Free shipping on orders over $100 too.

fisheries supply is our "main" marine store besides west marine/port supply (which sucks! Worst marine).... They have the very fancy yachty totty section up stairs and then the downstairs ware house for business.... If i make an account and give em my reslae permit what else do i have to do to buy whole sale? is their a minimum purchase amount? do you stock zincs or buy as u need??

They may want to see a business license, but other than that, you should be good to go. I've never run across a minimum order policy. You get wholesale, whether you are buying one or twenty.

I do keep an inventory, not a big one though. Svendsen's is in the marina where I keep my boat, so it's real easy for me to go there in the morning and pick up anything I might be low on.

That makes life easy!!! Sweet:). I was wondering what I needed for wholesale! Does this mean I could make an account with someone who sells hookahs and buy one for me for cheap
Probably not. My guess the best you could hope for is a break on the price for buying hookahs in quantity, something you are probably not going to do.

Back
Top Bottom