HP80 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have a galvanized hp80, with 3500 fill pressure. I was wondering if anyone could identify it for me.
Manufacture date is 11-91
There is a manufacturer mark, that is a circle with a "L" in it. I know all the other markings, but, just want to ID the manufacturer. It has a US Diver valve on it. There used to be a manufacturer sticker on it, but only a glue mark, now. This is a round 6"-7"circular mark.

Thanks for the help,
Rick

That is a "C" with an "L" in the middle. It is the original hydro tester's mark of Cochran Laboratories. They were the tester for Pressed Steel Tanks.

Yup, Pressed Steel Tank company. The big round sticker was a PST thing, and a lot of people soaked them off, leaving the glue that you described.

Being 3500 psi tanks, they have a funky small sized valve. 7/8" thread.

That is a "C" with an "L" in the middle. It is the original hydro tester's mark of Cochran Laboratories. They were the tester for Pressed Steel Tanks.

Yup, Pressed Steel Tank company. The big round sticker was a PST thing, and a lot of people soaked them off, leaving the glue that you described.

Being 3500 psi tanks, they have a funky small sized valve. 7/8" thread.

Thank you! Now that I look closer, with reading glasses (age related):D, I see the "C". This why I love this board!

Thanks Again,
Rick

Aqua-Aire used a round plastic label. Not sure if Genesis did but their tanks were painted over HDG. Mfgr was PST.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom