For Trade hp100 to hp80 or hp80 for hp100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. I'll look out fir that. Right now I have to balance an 80 with a 100. Both same manufacturer but the80 is 2 inches shorted and a pound lighter. I can trim that but not indeal. Lol.

just a suggestion here, be careful of matching two tanks from different manufacturers. Even if they have the same outside diameter, their buoyancy characteristics may not match. For example, I've got a couple of steel Asahi 100s. They are several pounds heavier in water than Fabers. You might find an unbalanced set of doubles troublesome.
Its a very valid point. I will post the tank characteristics in a minute.

My tank is a

PST 80 Pressure 3500 volume 82 Outside Diamter 7.25 Lenght 19.75 Empty weight 28.6
Buoyancy empty and full. -3.3 -9.3

Its best to double tanks that are made at the same time by the same manufacturer.
I am not doubling a 100. But I do want to get a 100 someday as that is not part of my inventory.

just a suggestion here, be careful of matching two tanks from different manufacturers. Even if they have the same outside diameter, their buoyancy characteristics may not match. For example, I've got a couple of steel Asahi 100s. They are several pounds heavier in water than Fabers. You might find an unbalanced set of doubles troublesome.
Do you know where I can lookup the specs on the Genesis HP100 tanks? Both the PST and Asahi versions.

This is the data I have-
Asahi HP100: Weight - "36.4" lbs, Buoyancy *EMPTY - "-5.2" lbs (w/valve)
PST HP100: Weight - "34.1" lbs, Buoyancy *EMPTY - "-1.3" lbs (w/valve)

Last edited:
@guruboy, I've looked everywhere on the web and I can't find specs for those tanks listed on a company website. The data I have found are the same as what you've listed. From my experience with the 100 Asahi, I can tell you the specs you have there are pretty close. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with the PSTs, but those specs look pretty close to the Faber 100s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom