HP Tanks HOW MUCH AIR DO YOU GET??

How much air do you get in your HP steel tank?

• 3000 or less

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • 3400 or more

Votes: 43 87.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moneysavr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I would like to know how much PSI from your local LDS you get from a fill to your HP steel tank?
Chime in,
Seem's like 2 of the 3 LDS I go to just get me to 3000 and far short of the 3440 fill!
Brad

You should have added one more option between those. Only one employee at my LDS gets my tank completely filled in one try. On average, it's usually around 3300 (and occasionally that's after being topped off a few days later).

the owner of my lds gets real nasty if they dont give you a full fill in your tanks!!! they see to it your tank is at the top after it is cooled !!!

strazz:
You should have added one more option between those. Only one employee at my LDS gets my tank completely filled in one try. On average, it's usually around 3300 (and occasionally that's after being topped off a few days later).
^What he said^

I use a couple of different ones, but they will usually pump up my hp120's (3500) to 4000 or so. A lot of guys I know buy LP95's and pump them to 3442 and get @120cf. This will start the old LP95/e8-119 debate. Bottom line is they are the same cylinders and they got an exemption from DOT to pump them up legally.

Go ahead!! I can take it!! Flame away!!! :D

Actually my fill is dependent upon to which LDS I take my tank.

I've had to "educate" a couple of them.

I even went so far to make water proof labels that I put at the neck of the tank stating: "Fill Pressure: 3442psi Cold"

the K

Brad - Does your shop NOT know what an HP tank is?

moneysavr:
You got it!
No good fillmasters like down in FL!

Actually you are just a victim of CHARLES' LAW and GUY-LUSSAC'S LAW

You come out that warm Wisconsin LDS into your typical Wisconsin day and you immediately have a shortfill...:D

Back
Top Bottom