HP QD Connectors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used the 6537k63 from McMaster (McMaster-Carr) as I was following this when I set up my system. But for some reason I can't get a good seal with the male end (6537K11).
That is bizarre. I must have ~50 of these fittings on various whips, boosters, fill panels and I've had very little issues. If I do I just change the o-ring. My fill panel stays pressurized indefinitely with these fittings.

I wonder if there is an issue with your specific male end. Maybe a tolerance or machining issue? Have you tried changing it for another male fitting?

That is bizarre. I must have ~50 of these fittings on various whips, boosters, fill panels and I've had very little issues. If I do I just change the o-ring. My fill panel stays pressurized indefinitely with these fittings.

I wonder if there is an issue with your specific mate end. Maybe a tolerance or machining issue? Have you tried changing it for another male fitting?
That was my next step, thanks for giving me positive news.

Whats everyone using for Quick Disconnects on the High Pressure side? I have some whips that I attach to my booster and I'm getting tired of having to use a wrench every time. I've seen some mention using hydraulic QD's others suggested Pressure Washer connectors. What are you using? This will be for 100% O2 at 3000+psi. My fittings are 1/4".

Thanks
Parker or Swagelok are the standards. I use Swagelok which is what Bauer uses on their factory units but Parker tends to be cheaper so many others will use those. I would stick to those though as they are meant for high pressure gas

The oxyhacker standard for decades are these. Other MM, FF, and MF combinations available. 1/4" size in brass are good to 5000+psi and take a 111 Oring. The supplied Buna orings are fine for most applications but you do want to wash the whole thing.

Don't boost o2 over 3K...

Thanks, where does the ORing go? On the Female fitting?

I don't boost over 3k, I just want fittings designed for more.

Thanks, where does the ORing go? On the Female fitting?

I don't boost over 3k, I just want fittings designed for more.
It's on the female side yes. The brass one's are good to 5,000 psi BUT if you run them that high the bearings which lock the female to the male nipple will create indentations in the male side and its a huge pain to connect/disconnect them.

It's on the female side yes. The brass one's are good to 5,000 psi BUT if you run them that high the bearings which lock the female to the male nipple will create indentations in the male side and its a huge pain to connect/disconnect them.
Awesome, appreciate it!

So that brings up a good question, does the female fitting come with the o'ring or does it have to be purchased separately? That may also be why I'm leaking.

So that brings up a good question, does the female fitting come with the o'ring or does it have to be purchased separately? That may also be why I'm leaking.
They come with Buna Orings. Typically a viton 111 is a slightly tighter fit though due to changes in durometer. Both can leak down over hours or days though. In either case you need to remove the oring with a pick, wash the whole fitting and replace the Oring. New they almost always have tiny brass filings in them from the machining process and those are bad news in O2 systems.

If you didnt have oring in there at all you'd have a MASSIVE leak. Do you know *where* you're leaking from?

Back
Top Bottom