HP approved in TX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RumBum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have ordered a HP80 from my LDS and he took my $$ but now says that the HP have not been approved by Texas DOT. There have been several promise dates with various excuses and after two months I am still renting tanks. Anyone know if the HPs are available in TX yet? I think it is about time to get my money back and order elsewhere if possible.

RumBum:
I have ordered a HP80 from my LDS and he took my $$ but now says that the HP have not been approved by Texas DOT. There have been several promise dates with various excuses and after two months I am still renting tanks. Anyone know if the HPs are available in TX yet? I think it is about time to get my money back and order elsewhere if possible.

This is bullsh%t......DOT is Federal not state. Get your money back. Any shop that gives you a line of crap like that doesn't deserve your business.

man buy them online and have them shipped. he dont need your business and if i were you i wouldnt give him it. isnt scubatoys in TX?
or diveriteexpress.com

RumBum:

I bought a PST E-7/100 HP in Austin. Reply in PM and tell me the shop. I bought mine at Dive World.

Dan

Seems like the LDS should be furnishing your tanks while you're waiting. Since almolst everybody dives wetsuits in Texas, you don't see many steel tanks.

Larry & Joe at ScubaToys up in Dallas have PSTs & Worthingtons. S-toys tanks

I was cracking up reading this - the Texas DOT? Why should your LDS come through with tanks when they have you renting? I'd open up a serious can of WhoopArse on them for this sheer and utter nonsense.

OK, if you have any firearms background in the US then you would know that in some states there are things that are ILLEGAL but legal per Federal law. The state of Texas does have their own Department of Transportation and they may be trying to flex their muscles.

Yep, just think, not being able to get tanks filled because they ONLY have a DOT stamp and not a Tx DOT stamp. Maybe they will create their own rules like Quebec.

I would love to see the specifics that the LDS was talking about.

http://www.dot.state.tx.us/

Excuse My ignorance but why does the addition of a wetsuit make a steel tank a bad choice?? :06: Thanks!

Texass:
Seems like the LDS should be furnishing your tanks while you're waiting. Since almolst everybody dives wetsuits in Texas, you don't see many steel tanks.

Larry & Joe at ScubaToys up in Dallas have PSTs & Worthingtons. S-toys tanks

RumBum:

Huh? I think first you should request that he show you whatever regulations he has that gives him this notion.

Next, you should get a full refund and take your business elsewhere. If you ordered tanks and did not wlak out with facility tanks to use until yours arrive, he's not providing good service.

Third, for the price you are paying for HP tanks, you should receive free air fills for life on those tanks.

I work at a shop in Hillsboro, TX and we can order tanks, provide a loner until the ordered tank arrives and provide the fills.

PM me with specifics if you'd like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom