How you write deco plan on your slate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LordHavoc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Do you use pencil? Or so you write it on paper and tape it with scotch tape? I tried it but it wet my writing.

neither - i have a bent pvc piece of plastic held on with a bungie around my wrist - i then use a strip of sticky tape and write my plan on that with a permanent marker - when im done I pull off the plastic and put on a new piece

Do you use pencil? Or so you write it on paper and tape it with scotch tape? I tried it but it wet my writing.
Why do you need to write it down? Just memorize it, along with the heuristics to adjust on the fly if your actual profile diverges slightly from the plan.

I write it in my wetotes and place in the outer clear window portion.

Why do you need to write it down? Just memorize it, along with the heuristics to adjust on the fly if your actual profile diverges slightly from the plan.

Because stuff happens and sometimes you need a reminder.

I recently used heuristics in some investment decisions, and flipped a coin

008a (2).jpg

Print out tables with deco schedules for different depth and times combos.

Example: I might have tables for 150’ from 10-60mins, same with 160, 170, etc.

Laminate. Put in wetnotes. Boom now you have them forever and don’t have to scribble on a slate or whatever. Easy to reference pre dive, as well.

I write it on a plastic slate together with max TTS based on bailout gas (good to compare a multilevel dive to the simulated square profile).

I, like others, would put multiple laminated schedules in my wet notes, but I also would just use a sharpie on a piece of duct tape with my "primary" schedule and stick it on my deco bottle, or scooter. Obviously this does not work when you have multiple gas switches, but most of my deco dives were weenie dives which only required one bottle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom