How you write deco plan on your slate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My old computers don't allow that sort of thing. Last week I had maybe 5-6 minutes of deco when leaving the bottom at around 100 and an ascent time of a couple more minutes. I had been working hard so I wanted to be careful.

I stopped around 50 feet and very slowly came up to 40 for a little over a minute. I think my deco and ascent time went up another minute or so due to the delay, but that is not something that really surprised me or caused me to hurry my ascent. I generally move very slowly from 50 to 30 and just did my hang around 15-20 feet (with a 10-ft ceiling) and added another minute or so at 10 feet once it was clear. I figure any extra time at 25 feet or less on nitrox is not going to be a problem.
Right, and I guess that's the issue. Your stop at 50 feet caused ongassing, so as far as the standard algorithm goes you were increasing your loading and it added deco, but there is no way of for the DC to know whether - given your exertion at depth - that actually increased or decreased your overall clinical decompression stress. But what you did sounds good...

Right, and I guess that's the issue. Your stop at 50 feet caused ongassing, so as far as the standard algorithm goes you were increasing your loading and it added deco, but there is no way of for the DC to know whether - given your exertion at depth - that actually increased or decreased your overall clinical decompression stress. But what you did sounds good...
Thanks, it is my attempt to be smarter than my computer, not so sure it is a smart thing to do, but I pretty much never violate my computer.

Thanks, it is my attempt to be smarter than my computer, not so sure it is a smart thing to do, but I pretty much never violate my computer.

Hah! You can get bent even if you DON'T violate it..!

My Chamber Ride

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom