How would you spend $5000?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends.......

Does my wife know about it?

Suunto D9 + Canon 5DmkII + housing
rest (if any) fancy dinner with the wife

Pay off debt, new camera to replace recently flooded, 2 steel 80 tanks, and a trip to Bonaire.

And then I would buy Maged a Suunto D9 and dinner for him and his wife. :)

Pay off debt, new camera to replace recently flooded, 2 steel 80 tanks, and a trip to Bonaire.

And then I would buy Maged a Suunto D9 and dinner for him and his wife. :)
Spare Bonaire; you just been back from there; pay for the dinner & we'll invite to the red sea for 2 weeks :)

I would put it in the stock market and double it and buy a rebreather.

I have a meg for sale for $5000

As I thought about this question, I realized how funny my answer was. If you dropped $5000 in my lap, I think I would take the boat and get the urethane coating on the walking surfaces (about $2000, and something Peter had decided wasn't worth it). I'd get the living room furniture reupholstered to get rid of the pet-related issues, and I think I'd get our hardwood floors refinished. (That would about kill the money.)

What's really funny is that I could afford to do all those things NOW if I wanted to, but somewhere in the back of my brain I've decided that they don't merit doing in the normal course of budgeting. So why would I do them if somebody gave me 5000 MORE dollars?

We place different value on money we've earned versus moneywon/found/gifted.

Posted via Mobile Device

Spare Bonaire; you just been back from there; pay for the dinner & we'll invite to the red sea for 2 weeks :)

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction....I'd be a mess without you Maged. :D

Right now it would go to closing costs on "Casa/Rancho de ScubaSteve001" that we move into in 3 months. We go from average city lot to large country lot......come one June :D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom