How to shrink a wet suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok, this is likely an extremely dumb question, but I will ask it anyways.:dork2:

Being a guy, I have found ways to accidentaly shrink a lot of my clothes by drying them excesively. Is it possible to do something similiar to a wet suit? I would think a drier is likely not the best thing for neoprene. Both my wife and I have been on weight loss programs and have lost a lot of weight, now our suits are to big for us. I was curious as to any ideas, now I know I could go out and buy another cheap wet suit (which they were inexpensive evo suits to begin with) but hey, if I can save a buck, I will.

The only sure fire way I know of to shrink a wet suit is to eat more. :D

You might be able to get them modified but what better way to reward yourselves with your weight loss success than to buy hot new wetsuits!

R..

If the wetsuit is in good shape you can have them taken in by Terrapin Wetsuits and Liquidfit or other custom manufacturers. That would also be a good time to upgrade by adding extra zippers, spine pad etc. After pricing all this out follow previous given advice and buy a new one. You will usually save in the long run.

My wetsuits alway seem to shrink by themselves over the winter.:depressed:

Gain weight? Everyone else in the USA is a lard butt, might as well follow the trend. N

Mc Donalds will do it for ya.:rofl3:
Or any other fastfood.:D

Congrats on the wt loss. But I wouldn't alter the suits till you're sure you'll maintain the new wt. Maybe a good excuse to go shopping!

Maybe get two so you're covered if you end up yo/yo dieting ;-).

Good luck!

Contact your local dive shop (or nearest) and get the name of a wetsuit tailor. Only if you can't find one, drink more smoothies and hire a local kid to do your jogging for you.

Thanks for all of the useful advice, and the not so useful! Tailoring would be a little excessive for a $60 suit. I will likely just find another cheap suit and keep the old in case I find that 50 lbs I lost

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom