How to shorten a Trilaminate Drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJ Wreck Diver

Registered
Reaction score
I just got a Drysuit from a buddy. It is a really nice suit its a Whites in excelent condition. But the problem is its a bit to big for me I am 6'1" 225 and he is big 6'5" and 275. I was wondering if anyone had ideas on how to shorten the suit? I was thinking about cuffing the suit in the stomach area and gluing the cuff with Aqua seal? If anyone has any insight on this please let me know?
Thanks
NJWD

I always send the drysuit in for repairs.

What's it made out of? Neoprene is fairly easy to modify, just cut, cement and tape, but trilam is not as friendly.

However if it's a good fitting suit in good condition sending it to a good shop like Superior is a lot safer - trying to adjust the fit by making just one big cut rarely yields a good fitting suit unless you are very lucky. Too often it just exacerbates other shortcomings in the fit, and results in a bad fitting suit that is not pleasant to dive.

detroit diver:
Send it to Superior Diving Repair. www.drysuitrepair.com

No one does it better than them.

I spoke with Mark at Superior just last week and will be sending my drysuit to them later this week to have the legs shortened 2". I have a DUI TLS350, Mark explained that with this suit they shorten the legs by removing material where the legs meet the boot material, and then restitch, reseal and pressure test.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom